Happy shopping, moms!
Images shared from Mary Harrington's Etsy Shop Mountainess
1. How did you start your business? Why did you want your own business? When did you start your business?
I would say my business grew organically, from making lip balms for my oldest daughter who would get very chapped lips to making customized products for hundreds of brides. I was just making the things I needed in my life or people requested from me.
2. Why was owning a business a perfect situation for you and your family?
My oldest was starting kindergarten part time and it freed up some time during the day for me to be creative.
3. What does your business specialize in?
we make organic skin care and candles in plastic free packaging.
What's your favorite product? my favorite product is blueberry gerainium soap
How'd you come up with the name?
I wanted a name that reflected our lifestyle and left room for growth and change. I needed to spell mountainous for something, and the feminine version came to mind of mountainess.
4. What do you love best about working for yourself?
never needing childcare.
5. When working, When do you work in the day/evening?
both, during school and after bedtime.
What's your process for working?
get an order, send a proof, make-label-ship. Things you do daily, a routine get kids to school, get home work pick kids up, dinner bed, work more. that is my routine.
6. Take me step by step through working with customers. Do you do anything special or unique, wrapping, specials, etc.?
get an order, send a proof, make-label-ship, as I design more label options my business grows. I am planning on adding more wedding shows to my itinerary, and hoping to offer specials there, but currently people will order around 50 candles which I ship customized at wholesale rates.
7. What is your success rate? What do you think customers would say about your work, shop?
LOL, you need to read our reviews on our etsy site to hear what people say;)
8. Why do you think people should shop in your store or buy your product that you create, and why should they support moms who work for themselves?
ummm to make america great! I carefully source materials with sustainability in mind.
9. What are your favorite or best items that you sell?
wedding favors, it is so fun to make something with love and gratitude as the design foundation.
10. How does your business allow you to be a great mother?
I can be present whenever necessary
11. What do you think would surprise readers to know about you?
you can find us at the farmers market on weekends, in Bethel. I think it is an important part of our community.
12. What is the coolest thing you've ever experienced as part of working with this business?
seeing our products on national websites like Allure or in magazines like Downeast.
13. What is one of your favorite gifts to give someone for the holidays?
gift boxes-a little of everything!
14. How many kids do you have? Give us one word to describe them.
2 - growing
Coupon code: THANKYOU
10% off when you spend $5 or more