share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Shop & Support Moms - Rachel Curwen - Mama's Linkz Jewelry

Oh I am so fortunate that Rachel Curwen shared her beautiful work with me for the final part of our Shop & Support Moms series this year! Her work is nothing short of exquisite! I LOVE how gorgeous these pieces are, but more importantly what they mean and the care and time she puts into making each piece spectacular. You MUST read this to hear more about how Rachel creates important jewelry that heals and provides strength to moms and families who may need it. I love the idea behind this business.

Moms, you will LOVE this jewelry, and it's great for gifts. Discount below!

Thank you, Rachel, for sharing your work and life with us!


Images shared from Rachel Curwen


  • 1. How did you start your business? Why did you want your own business? When did you start your business? 
    I started my business in March of 2016 after a friend inspired me several months prior. This friend delivered a baby at 29 weeks. I made this friend and her daughter matching bracelets with rose and crystal quartz along with a lotus flower charm. Rose quartz is known to open the heart to support unconditional love and deep inner healing while crystal quartz clears negative energy and enhances spiritual growth. The lotus flower charm symbolizes the beauty and spiritual growth that comes from difficult challenges. It was a very meaningful gift for both of them to receive and it filled me with so much joy to be able to help them in some small way.
  • I felt compelled to start a business where people could buy jewelry with metaphysical properties that would connect them to the people they love and also provide healing properties. It felt more like a calling rather than a choice.
  • 2. Why was owning a business a perfect situation for you and your family? 
    I am a stay at home mom to two children. Mama's Linkz Jewelry allows me to open up my creative spirit and give back to others in a meaningful way. It provides me the opportunity to be flexible with my time so I can be with my kids as much as possible.
  • 3. What does your business specialize in? What's your favorite product? How'd you come up with the name? 

    Mama's Linkz Jewelry specializes in bracelets and more specifically bracelet sets for family, couples, mothers & daughters or grandmothers, sisters, aunts, godmothers, fathers & daughters or sons, etc. These bracelet sets are for any two people who have a special connection and want to be reminded of each other throughout the day.
  • My favorite items to create are the custom bracelets. I love working with people to make something unique to their relationships, needs and preferences. I guess you could say I'm a people pleaser.
  • Mama's Linkz Jewelry has a triple meaning--Lynx are the spirit animal that I connect with the most. The Mama and baby Lynx are my logo. Lynx represent the power of second sight, instinct and observation. The lynx has the gift of knowing and I often find that when I make jewelry for people that certain semi-precious stones and their healing properties speak to me based on what might be going on in that person's life. Linkz also stands for the connections we have between us and the actual links in between the actual bracelets/chain.
  • 4. What do you love best about working for yourself? 
    I love setting my own routine, goals and organizing my time based on family/business needs.




    5. When working, When do you work in the day/evening? What's your process for working? Things you do daily, a routine? 
    I work both during the day and at night creating jewelry pieces that I am inspired by--I might have just taken a walk on the beach and loved the way the dark blue ocean water played off the bright blue sky and it will entice me to create a piece like the Nautical Blue Sodalite and Blue Lace Agate bracelet: https://www.mamaslinkzjewelry.com/collections/bracelet-sets/products/mom-daughter-bracelets-mommy-and-me-blue-sodalite-and-blue-lace-agate-adoption-gift-starfish-charm-baptism-gift-bridesmaid-gift
  • 6. Take me step by step through working with customers. Do you do anything special or unique, wrapping, specials, etc.? 
    I pride myself on working closely with customers to ensure they love their bracelet/s. I like to communicate clearly through the full process of purchasing--bracelet sizing, shipping dates, and packaging.
  • I offer custom design pieces as well and work very closely with clients to choose colors, charms, and design details so their bracelets will be special and unique to them and/or their loved ones.
  • I think my packaging is unique as it is a jewelry box with my logo on it (Mama and baby Lynx) wrapped in butcher's twine and glass beads. Each bracelet or bracelet set also comes with an insert that tells you how to care for your jewelry along with what the metaphysical properties are of the beads.
  • 7. What is your success rate? What do you think customers would say about your work, shop? 
    Customers have enjoyed working with me because of how quickly I respond to their needs and work hard to make sure they love their purchase. I've only received very positive reviews.
  • 8. Why do you think people should shop in your store, and why should they support moms who work for themselves? 
    I like to make the entire buying process easy and beautiful. I include a jewelry box with every purchase that is wrapped in bakers twine and tied with glass beads so you feel like you are opening a gift. Each jewelry box has an insert that describes how to take care of your jewelry and explains what the metaphysical properties are of the beads in the bracelets you purchased. These bracelets make a unique and thoughtful gift. 

    I think it is valuable and important to support women who are working hard to raise the next generation of change agents.
  • 9. What are your items to sell? 
    Bracelets and bracelet sets.




    10. How does your business allow you to be a great mother? 
    My business exemplifies the morals I want to share with my children--by honoring one's creativity, passion for caring about all people and the importance of connecting with those we love in a meaningful way.
  • 11. What do you think would surprise readers to know about you? 
    I didn't know until my 30s if I was going to want children.
  • 12. What is the coolest thing you've ever experienced as part of working with this business? 
    I was commissioned to design a memorial bracelet set for a mother and father who just lost their day old baby. A few days prior I was drawn to buy two angel wing charms which isn't something I would normally purchase. I planned to use the angel wings along with amethyst for these bracelets and was told that the parents just got matching angel wing tattoos along with purple flowers.
  • 13. What is one of your favorite gifts to give someone for the holidays? 
    Homemade cookies, slippers and a movie I know they will like.
  • 14. How many kids do you have? Give us one word to describe them.
    I have a 2 and a half year old little girl named Clara and a three week old little boy named Calvin. One word to describe them is precious.


  • www.mamaslinkzjewelry.com




  • DISCOUNT: a 15% discount on bracelets 
    code linkzjewelry15off expires 12/31/16

No comments:

Post a Comment