share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Mom of the Month - Suzy Golden

Congratulations to our October Mom of the Month, Suzy Golden! She seems like such a hard working, devoted and realistic momma to two sweet children. She has a great outlook on parenting - making the most of it but also running her own business and teaching her kids what working hard and dedication is all about. Congrats, Suzy and thank you for sharing your life with us! :)


Photos from Suzy Golden 


1. Describe your children in 3-5 words. How did you choose their names? 
Callie my sensitive, creative and brilliant little girl.  We just heard her name and both loved it! 
AJ is my hilarious, adventurous and loving little boy.  AJ is really Andrew after my husband. 

2. How old are your children? How did you tell people you were expecting a baby?
Callie is 6 and AJ is almost 2.  When we became pregnant with Callie we told our families with a picture frame with the ultrasound in it.  When AJ came around people were sort of expecting it so we just told them!
 
3. How would you describe your pregnancies? How was delivery, birth and labor for you? 
I had morning sickness every day when I was pregnant with Callie.  It was really awful and made me question whether I wanted to be pregnant again.  Her due date was July 3rd.  I was admitted to the hospital on July 2nd due to high blood pressure and they decided to induce me.  The induction failed and I never progressed past 2 centimeters.  After 24 hours they stopped the induction and actually sent me home!  The next day my water broke and we headed back in.  After another 24 hours of labor and still no progress past 2 cm I ended up having an emergency c section because her heart rate dropped.  When she came out she had open sores on her wrists from sucking on them in the womb.  It turns out because she was sucking on her wrists, her elbows were out and that was causing her to get stuck, which is why I never progressed! AJ was easy after that because we just scheduled a c-section! 

4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words. 
Busy, hardworking, loving 



5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you? 

I want them to see me as hardworking and giving - I do what I do so they can have what they need and can be happy. 

6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?
I am proud of the two little beings my husband and I have raised thus far!  They are loving, sweet and kind.  Of course no one is perfect but so far they're pretty darn great! 

7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom? 
It's hard to juggle it all.  I own my own business which means even when I'm not at the office I am still working 24/7- answering emails, returning phone calls, doing paperwork.  It's difficult to find that balance between home and work life and make sure every area gets the attention it needs. 

8. What is your favorite baby/child product(s) that makes your mom job easier? 
For the age my kids are right now, I love the Take-n-toss sippy cups.  They're reusable but cheap enough that if we lose one or it gets gross and I throw it away, I don't care!  Other silly cups are just so expensive and have a zillion parts to clean and dry.  I've given up on those and only buy take-n-toss cups to make my life easier!

9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother? 

Just breathe- you've got this!  Trust your instinct as a mother and you'll be fine! 

10. What is a typical day like for you? 
We all get up and get ready for the day- get dressed, eat breakfast,  make lunches, etc...  by 8:30 we are out the door to the bus stop to get my daughter on the bus.  Then I bring my son to daycare.  Then it's off to the office where I am a speech-language pathologist and owner of a private speech therapy practice.  I typically work 9-5 seeing clients in my office.  At 5 I grab my son from daycare, pick up my daughter from the after school sitters house and head home.  Then I make dinner, we do homework, play, give baths and put the kiddos to bed! 



11. What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? 
Lots and lots of traveling!!!

12. What are your favorite things to do in the fall? 
Eat/drink all the pumpkin things! 

What are your Halloween traditions if you have them?  

My father in law brings my kids "magic pumpkin seeds" that they plant in the yard.  Then overnight, they grow into pumpkins (my father in law brings down about 20 pumpkins that we put in the yard where the seeds were).  Seeing the looks on their faces when they see the pumpkins is PRICELESS! 

13. Tell us a time where you felt like you failed at parenting... but then realized you truly had not failed, things worked out fine. 
My son had his pacifier much longer than we wanted him to.  With our daughter we took it away at a year when we transitioned from bottles.  We always seemed to have an excuse as to why we couldn't get rid of it.  We were going on vacation... we were moving, etc... so we just didn't take it away - and then he became seemingly so attached to it.  Then one day recently I put him to bed and I couldn't find a Binky.  So I just put him down without it, he fell right asleep.  We never gave it to him again and he hasn't even asked for it! So we are binky free and I am so happy. I was worried it was too late.  

14. What makes you a strong mom? 
My mom is one of the strongest moms I know and having her to look to makes me a stronger mom too.  

15. Anything else you want to add? 
Thank you to Christine for nominating me! It made me feel so special and loved! 



No comments:

Post a Comment