share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mom of the Month - Tabitha Blanchard

CONGRATS to our September Mom of the Month Tabitha Blanchard, dedicated mama to two adorable children! She has great responses. Thanks, Tabitha!


                              


Images shared from Tabitha Blanchard


     Describe your children in 3-5 words. How did you choose their names? 
    Parker is strong willed, loving and outdoorsy. Reece is a momma’s girl, natural care giver and also strong willed. Parker I found in a baby book and was the first name my husband and I could agree on. For Reece we waited to find out the sex until birth and it was really hard to pick two names. We had our boy name but couldn’t agree on a girl name until after my due date. Finally we sat down and I said we weren’t sleeping until we made a decision.

How old are your children? 2 and 4. How did you tell people you were expecting a baby? 
Family we told in person. Facebook we did a photo announcement for Reece. For our first, Parker I found out on Father’s Day so I got Kyle (hubby) a Father’s day card to tell him.

How would you describe your pregnancies? How was delivery, birth and labor for you? 
I loved being pregnant. I felt great. I had morning sickness with both pregnancies up to 20 weeks but as soon as I was sick I felt better right after. I really enjoyed being pregnant. There are no more babies in our forseeable future but I am sad that I will never be pregnant again.

Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words: 
Patient, loving, relaxed, busy with a little crazy mixed in.

What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you? 
Fair, kind, loving. That I enjoyed my time with them and appreciated their differences.

What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of? 

I think just the everyday balancing of being a working mom of two, homeowner, wife and contributing to the community is something to be proud of.  

My husband works out of town a lot and sometimes just getting to Friday is a win! I guess in all seriousness what makes me most proud is when I see my kids being kind and helpful to others.

What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom? 
Trusting my instincts. Balancing a marriage, work, giving myself time and being the best mom I can. It is a constant work in progress.

What is your favorite baby/child product(s) that makes your mom job easier? 
We don’t have a lot of gadgets. Honestly, the BIGGEST life saver I had as my children got a little older wasn’t a product but a service. We decided for my sanity to invest in a house cleaner and it is one of the best things I have spent money on since becoming a mother.

What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother? 

Trust your instincts; know that some days are going to be so hard but you will get through them. Enjoy the little moments and be kind to yourself – you won’t always get it right but as long as they know you love them and are trying your best that is all that counts.



What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? 
Most everything involves some kind of travel like: Take a family vacation each year and travel (places like Ireland, the Grand Canyon, Paris), volunteer and give back to our community, spend a summer “off the grid” in a cabin without electricity, study abroad.

What are your favorite summer activities? 
Spending time at our family camp in Western Maine, visiting pick your own farms for strawberries, blueberries and other fruits and vegetables, spending time with friends and family by the water.

Tell us a time where you felt like you failed at parenting... but then realized you truly had not failed, things worked out fine. 
Breastfeeding. I tried and tried and tried again to breastfeed both of my children. My supply would never come in enough and both my children continued to lose weight instead of gain. For me, I felt like I was failing them somehow and that I wasn’t fulfilling my obligations as a mother. We ended up supplementing with formula and it was hard for me to let go of that feeling. The stigma attached to breast feeding didn’t make it any easier.  

What makes you a strong mom? What about me makes a strong mother? 
My calmness I think. I am usually pretty even headed and can get through a tantrum, a disagreement, a tearfest by showing compassion, listening and supporting my children. Not to say they always end that way but it is what works for my kids. I’ve learned the more worked up I get the harder it is to move past and resolve conflict or negative behaviors.




No comments:

Post a Comment