I asked the Facebook group for some good tips on surviving the heat in the end of pregnancy. Here's what they told me. Hope this helps someone else!
- stay in the AC
- stay near water
- keep hydrated
- avoid salt to decrease swelling
- have a positive mindset: you can do it
- milkshakes and ice cream
- good excuse to sit around and relax
- dress for the heat- lighter items
- decaf iced tea
- feet in kiddie pool
- frozen fruit
- extra sun protection - hats, larger sunglasses, more sunscreen, shaded areas outside, and umbrellas
- comfy chair that you can get in and out of
- being in water helps decrease swelling and helps you feel lighter with gravity
Ice cream is a must!
I'm already realizing I need more water than normal, which is nuts since you already need more water than typical when pregnant. It's refreshing though so I add lemons, strawberries, blueberries, etc. to the water to taste a bit different. I keep water bottles with me everywhere - car when I'm going places, in my bag when I head to doctor's visits etc.
I'm also realizing it's ok to find some shade and ignore the sun tan a bit this summer. I feel cooler and relaxed in the shade sometimes so that helps.
Exercising first thing in the morning is helpful if you're still up for doing that ;) Take a brisk walk in the early morning - like before 8 a.m.! Or stretch, do inside yoga or fitness videos. It's too hot to go outside and workout after that.
Put your feet up, mommas! It's allowed :)