share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Mom of the Month - Jessica Linscott

I'm excited to feature our June (belated!) Mom of the Month Jessica Linscott! She is a hard working and super dedicated single mama making sure her little handsome dude has everything in life that he needs. I love her ideas in this post.

Thanks, Jessica!


Images shared from Jessica Linscott

1. Describe your children in 3-5 words. How did you choose their names?  Crazy, amazing, energetic.
A group effort to compile all the boys names in the world and then his dad and I went through the list and finally agreed on Carter. It took about a month.

2. How old are your children? How did you tell people you were expecting a baby?
He is going to be 2 in September. I told my friends and family and did an announcement on Facebook.

3. How would you describe your pregnancies? How was delivery, birth and labor for you?
My pregnancy was about as easy as they can be. The last month seemed like it went on forever. I was induced at 42 weeks. 36 hours of labor, only got to 6cm, got an amniotic infection from the meconium when they broke my water, ended in an emergency c section. But I'd do it all again!

4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words.  

Firm, caring, realistic, loving


5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you?   

I hope he looks at me the same way I see my mom now. She's selfless to the core, she never let us give up, she worked hard her whole life.

6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?

I am a single mom, I work a full time job and a part time job 2 nights a week. In the last year I've built and purchased a new home.

7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom?
Doing it on my own. I get frustrated sometimes when things aren't going the way they are supposed to, but I always try to step back and realize it will get better.

8. What is your favorite baby/child product(s) that makes your mom job easier?
The Rock and play was the best for infancy because I could keep him by me in the house when I couldn't wear him. Now that he's a busy toddler the radio flyer bike that looks like a stroller is my friend.

9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother?  

It will get better and harder all at the same time. Enjoy each day, I wish I had snuggled more and done less for the first few months. Everyone makes it seem like you need to be a superhero but you don't, you need to just hold your baby and smell their head and kiss their neck, because soon enough they will be running around and being crazy and then you'll have time to do all the dishes. Some days.



10. What is a typical day like for you?
Get ready in the morning, daycare drop off. Pick up at 5 and go to the playground or a stroller ride. Make dinner, bath time, book and bed.

11. What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? 
Disneyland, a safari in Africa, site seeing in Europe,  see the northern lights in Alaska and I'd take him somewhere to help children in need so he could realize that he's a lucky person to have all the things in life that keep him happy.

12. What are your favorite summer activities? 
The beach and the playground, especially the playground at fort Williams for the great running space.

13. Tell us a time where you felt like you failed at parenting... but then realized you truly had not failed, things worked out fine.
When Carter was about 6 weeks old I was at my parent's house and fell asleep on the couch with him on my chest, he rolled off and hit the carpet. Luckily my mother was there to insure his nose wasn't broken and he was just fine. I felt like the world's worst parent. I know it happens a lot but it made me realize I wasn't perfect, I'm tired and these things will happen. I never fell asleep with him on the couch again!

14. What makes you a strong mom?

Everyone always says to me "I don't know how you do it" I just do, I don't think about it. I do whatever needs to be done to ensure my son is happy and healthy, even if that means that I have to carry his limp sleeping body through Hannaford while I grocery shop (why do they always fall asleep at the most inconvenient times?)

No comments:

Post a Comment