Here are your REAL mom tips for getting out of the house after second child is around - and keeping your sanity while you do it!
- Hannaford on the go - not having to go into a store!
- Ordering as much as possible on Amazon.com
- Baby wearing = only way to get things done!
- At places like Wal-Mart, park next to the cart return area to simply put baby into cart in car seat, and then get toddler strapped into the front.
- Bring help with you to stores.
- Leave the kids home as much as possible- change up the timing of when you go shopping, instead do it right after work before picking kids up at daycare or at night when everyone is asleep.
It's GOOD to get out of the house with the kids and for your sanity. Sometimes you just need a break from the routine. Just remember to pack, prepare, and think ahead. Things take twice as long now, at least, so be prepared with more snacks for big kid and extra bottles for baby. Make sure you don't forget about yourself: before I left the house ever with kids I would make sure I went to the bathroom, as I knew it would be much more difficult later when I was out and about with the kids to stop and take care of my own needs! Sounds silly, but it helps to think of those things ahead of time.
YOU CAN DO IT.