share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, January 2, 2016

MOM 2015 Resolutions - part 3 - Amanda Gunter & ME

I love a New Year, where we get to think about all the things we liked and want to change from last year, and all the hopes and wishes and plans we have for the new year. It's an exciting time for change. Embracing change in the dark, cold winter time is FUN and inspiring. 

I'm loving hearing from our 2015 Moms of the Month about their resolutions and plans for 2016. I figured I should get in on the action and answer the questions I'm asking, too, just for some fun!

Thanks to all of these awesome moms for participating!


Images shared from Amanda Gunter



Amanda Gunter
January 2015 Mom of the Month
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2015/01/mom-of-month-amanda-gunter.html

1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015?

I learned that if I don't make time for me then "me time" will not happen! 
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year?
I want to see more books read and less electronics used.

3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016?
HAPPY, HEALTHY, PATIENCE!
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2015? 
My resolution is to create a predictable bedtime routine at the same time every night. Another resolution is to learn how to cook healthy dinners my picky toddler will eat! And the third is for me, to get in shape!
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
I need help with this one! I don't have any secret answers other than to make these resolutions and life choices a priority. 

Happy, healthy mom equals a happy, healthy family!



And me..... 

1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015?

I learned that I cannot control what I thought I could, and that sometimes the best plans don't work out. 

I learned that I can get through absolutely anything if I could survive a miscarriage. I've learned that even in our darkest moments, we can find hope and the light to focus on what's good in our lives.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year?
I want more fun, adventures, trips, reading books for myself, watching our kids grow and learn new things, more date nights out and fun with friends and family. I want good health for everyone. I want to see more exercising and making smart food choices like we've been trying for a while. I want to see more patience, less yelling or getting frustrated. I want less whining and bickering between my kids, more using their words and asking for help.
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016?
Healthy, Hopeful, Growth
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2015? 
I will keep exercising daily and taking care of myself first. I did this a lot last year and finally feel in the swing of it. It's hard work, but SO worth it. I will continue with that. I want to be more patient and not get stressed or overwhelmed by little things. I am resolving to be silly and laugh, tickle and roughhouse. I am going to take deep breaths during the tough moments. I'm definitely going to take time for ME. I need it! It makes me a better mom. I resolve to READ!
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?

Schedule it in at first. Try once a month if you never do it. Then try once a week. Until you're doing it for 10 minutes daily. It sounds impossible, but I swear you CAN get there. YOU deserve it and you'll be a much better person, mother, partner and worker if you focus on yourself, your health, what interests you, frequently. 

What works for me is putting time in to myself and what I want to do first thing in the morning. Yes, it means I wake early and never sleep in, but I NEED the time to myself to blog, write, read, exercise, just be... more than I need the extra half hour of sleep. It's important. Make yourself a priority.


HAPPY 2016!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment