share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

MOM 2015 Resolutions - part 2 - Sandra Drew and Morgan Leeman

Part 2 of our Mom 2015 Resolutions series this year, talking with the 2015 Moms of the Month about their best moments in this past year, and what they are looking forward to seeing more of in 2016.

GREAT ideas about how to improve and enjoy this new year!

Thanks, moms!


Images shared from Sandra Drew


Sandra Drew
December Mom of the Month
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2015/12/mom-of-month-sandra-drew.html

1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015?
I feel that this year was such a good year in so many ways, and I learned some most valuable lessons. Time goes by soooo fast so I learned to cherish every moment. 
I stopped worrying about money, and I spent more time with my son doing free outdoors activities. Most importantly, I learned how to be patient by reenergizing and having some me time.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? I want to see family more often, more laughter, more date nights with my husband, more me time. I want to see less worrying and fewer tantrums.
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016? Healthy, Active and Pregnant smile emoticon
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2016? Currently, I am on a weight loss program, and it has been very successful. I am planning on reaching my goal weight by the summer time and planning on staying active and healthy. Since, I started being active, it gave me this extra boost for doing fun things with my family, more energy and I love that I can keep up with work and my busy toddler smile emoticon 
I want to spend less time watching TV after Luka goes to bed and spend that time by writing a baby journal or putting together scrapbooks of a million little things I saved from the time he was born. I also want to say less NOs and bring more positive moments.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you? Being active and making time to do fun things. I recently started Zumba with a couple of friends, and it has been the best experience ever. We get to exercise, dance and have fun. It is only 45 minutes, but it keeps you going for a week. 
It took me a very long time to be okay and leave my son with my husband so I can go out without having mommy guilt but once I did it, it was okay, and it helped us in so many different ways. I am a much happier person; we are having more play time and spending more quality time when together.


Images shared from Morgan Leeman


Morgan Leeman
May Mom of the Month
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2015/05/mom-of-month-morgan-leeman.html

1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015?
To always trust your instinct. 9 times out of 10, you will be right. I've always listened to my instinct, but this entire last year, proved to me that I need to listen to it sooner.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? I want to see more experiences. Go places, do things, and take chances. We seem to have forgotten to relax and have fun this year and I won't let it happen next year.
I'd like to see less excuses. I always seem to have an excuse for something (why dinners late, why my pants are tight, why the laundry isn't done, the kids rooms are a mess), and it needs to stop. Excuses aren't helping me or anyone else.
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016? 
Exciting. Fulfilling. Happy.
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2016? This is pretty cliche but to eat better and exercise more. In the last 18 months, I've really let it slip with everyone as far as snacks and dinners go and the complete lack of exercise.
And after reading/writing the next question, I'm adding in that I need to do more for myself.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
Giving suggestions on how other moms need more me time is hard for me because it's something I struggle with. My me time looks like one night a week, I sit down and watch tv with an occasional glass of wine. It works for me because it's all that I get. But I'm going to try to do more for myself, even if that means not buying my kids that 100th shirt they need and me the shirt that I really want. Finding time for more date nights, even if it's just on the couch watching a movie. Or going for that extra walk. 
2016 is going to be my year of 
changes and improvements.



No comments:

Post a Comment