share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

MOM 2015 Resolutions - part 1 - Melissa Gilbert and Krista Foye

Every year I ask the Moms of the Month from the former year to answer a few questions about how their 2015 went for them, ideas they have about the coming New Year, and overall how this motherload is treating them. I am always in awe of their answers. There's a reason these dynamic, hard working, amazing mamas were chosen as our Moms of the Month for the blog this year!

Thank you to two outstanding mommas for sharing with us their ideas about the New Year, and a few realistic resolutions for hard working moms.

Melissa Gilbert and Krista Foye are incredible mothers. I'm honored to feature them here again!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Images shared from Melissa Gilbert


Melissa Gilbert
October Mom of the Month
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2015/10/mom-of-month-melissa-gilbert.html

1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015? 

To take a breath. If I don't capture every moment on camera, it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Live in the moment, because life happens quickly. Memorize my son's laughs, smiles, jokes and words.

2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? 
I think 2015 was a perfect year, so it's hard to wish for more or less of anything.

3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016? 
Happy, HEALTHY and fun.

4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2016? 
I want to worry less about timely bedtimes and my picky eater. Sometimes I focus on the tasks too much and forget to just breathe and enjoy life. 

My own personal resolution is to keep myself more accountable. If I tell myself I'm going to do something, DO IT. I'm probably going to be making a lot of lists because Mommy Brain is no joke. I'm going to continue letting my family be before my career, because since I've made some major life / job changes, I've become a much happier person.

5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you? 

My advice is don't apologize for needing ME time. It's so easy to turn into a martyr and take on the world...but if your cup is empty, you will be no good for your children. 

I've learned that I can't wait for my husband to offer for me to sleep in or go out for a girl's night. He has different needs and strengths as a parent and doesn't always see when I'm at my breaking point. So I'm much better about telling him before I get to that point and carve out some time for myself.


Images shared from Krista Howe Foye


Krista Howe Foye
September Mom of the Month
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2015/09/mom-of-month-krista-foye.html
1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2015?
We had our second baby, and he was born 1 week shy of my first child's 2nd birthday. 
I learned that I need to be more patient, slow down, and do not stress the small stuff. 
Being a mom of 2 very active little boys is HARD but it is the most amazing experience and I would not trade it for the world. I was crazy about every detail of my first born's first 2 years, and I learned that those minor details and worrying about everything takes time away from just enjoying being a Mom.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? I would love to be more organized at home, especially with meal planning, more time for myself to exercise or just take a time out. And I would like to see less sickness in my house his winter!
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2016? Healthy Happy Adventurous
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2016? 
My resolution is get back in shape... My brother is getting married in Mexico in May. I need to get moving! I am just really struggling with fitting in any type of work out, since I work 12 hour days and I love to soak up every free minute with my babies.
I would also like to fit in a date night with my husband every few weeks. Life is so busy and we both put the kids before any of our needs.
I will keep working really hard so that my boys have a strong role model in both of their parents - but also take more time off from work so that I can spend more quality time with my boys.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you? This is something that I struggle with... Whether it is not feeling like there is time, or guilt. 
I have realized that I am a better mom if I can be honest with my husband or nanny or mother, by telling them when I need help with something or need some time to myself to shop, or pamper myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment