share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

homemade holiday gifts

Thank you to all of the wonderfully creative moms from the Facebook Mommy Stories group who contributed to my post by sharing pictures and ideas of what they make for grandparents, spouses or teacher gifts for the holidays! Wonderful ideas! I've captured them all here so we can reflect on this next year when we're stuck for ideas! 

Nice work, mommas! 

AND if you are of the "buy a gift card and call it good" side of things with gift giving to teachers or others, NO worries, that's awesome! Whatever works, right, Moms?! We don't all have to live by Pinterest, it's a great resource but not the end all be all. 

Hope whatever gifts you're giving or receiving this year, you do so with love and gratitude :) 


I'll start by sharing my friend Brianna's peppermint lavender body scrub! These look amazing! Here is the recipe:
1 cup white sugar 
1/2 cup organic coconut oil 
3 drops of peppermint oil 
6 drops lavender oil. This picture is 3 batches!


I LOVE play doh! Who doesn't love this stuff? And homemade would be even cooler. Kids would love this in their stockings! 


Hand painted calendars, how adorable are these?! 


Directions for making monogrammed mugs, so sweet! Anyone would enjoy these!

http://gluedtomycraftsblog.com/2013/12/diy-painted-mugs-that-wont-wash-away-craft.html


These below are so adorable- pillow mats for kids! 


Photo coasters!


Hand knit items... what is better?!


Pretty sure this next one is my favorite: puzzle with pictures!!!! Sooooo sweet. I think I'll do this for a gift someday for sure!


Bags for teachers! I also think you could use Shutterfly reusable bags for something like this, they are awesome, can put a picture on them, too!


These magnets below are made out of children's artwork! How CREATIVE! I'm pretty sure these are going on my list of things to make next year. So sweet :) 


So adorable! I think these would make Baby's First Christmas ornaments - so easy to do - thumbprints!


Picture on birch wood... sweet ornament to last a lifetime!


And everybody LOVES the hand and feet ideas, right?! Here are some very sweet ones!






No comments:

Post a Comment