share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Sunday, November 15, 2015

STRONG MOMMAS 2015 - part 2 - Kathy Grieg & Amanda Butler

These next two moms are super hard working, dedicated and just overall SUPER. One is holding down the fort while her super hard working husband is doing a zillion things to support their family, and the other lost her father a couple of weeks before delivering baby #2. Such difficult times, yet they stay positive and could totally use some support from you all :) 

See PART 1 to learn more about how to shower these strong ladies with small tokens of love and encouragement! Email me if interested themommystories@gmail.com.

Kathy Grieg is an incredibly awesome momma who was nominated by Courtney Drew, who said, "Ok I know she's my sister but Kathy is really going through a bit of a challenge right now. Her oldest is three and very active. Her youngest will be one in December. Her husband is working and going to school. He is getting ready to go to med school so his classes are tough and time consuming. She really is doing it all on her own. When Austin is home he is either sleeping or studying. It's a struggle to keep it all up, however she keeps on going. She gets out with the boys daily for a walk or run sometimes towing along her two huge German Shepards. She is creative and trying to launch her own Etsy shop but lacking in funds and time to get it off the ground. I'm so proud of the mother that she has become. I know she would never ever ask for it but she could sure use a little TLC."


Images shared from Kathy Grieg

KATHY GRIEG

1. What do you think makes you a strong mom? What would others say makes you a strong mother?
I think as far as my strengths, I am a very patient, tolerant person. I worked with elderly in the medical field for several years and I discovered true patience. A three year old and a 93 year old can be really similar sometimes. I think others might think I'm strong or crazy for running all over the place pushing two children in a jogger.
2. What helps you get through the difficult moments as a mother? 
Honestly my sisters are my life lines on a constant basis. Whatever the drama, I know I can call any of them and they'll have fantastic advice for me.
3. What is your advice to another mom going through a tough time? 
My advice would be to reach out. If you don't have sisters or friends to vent to, this group is outstanding for finding someone in a similar situation.
4. What are 5 of your favorite things in the world (color, food, drink, candy, store, song, flower, etc.)
Art, running, the color blue, music, Reese's peanut butter cups/ York peppermint patties. It's a tie! My boys and Austin are really my number one favorite thing in the world. But, I wasn't sure if you meant people too?! Ha!


Our next STRONG MOMMA is the wonderful Amanda Butler! Michelle Wikiel nominated her because, "I wanted to nominate a strong mom who is going through a tough time. Amanda Butler (she is a member of the mommy stories) is a mom of a 19 month old girl, Kaylee (sp?) and a 4 month old boy, Liam. It's been hard adjusting to two babies so close in age. On top of that, she has dealt with a move and going back to work. The hardest thing for her, and the reason in my mind that sets her apart, is that about 2 weeks from her due date with her son, her father passed away unexpectedly. When she should have been relaxing before her baby came, she was making funeral arrangements. She is still bearing the weight of that and going through a lot. She is such a sweet and caring person that would really appreciate/benefit from a pick-me-up. Thank you! "
What an amazingly strong mother... I admire her perseverance and how she is so dedicated to being the best mom she can be.

Images shared from Amanda Butler
1. What do you think makes you a strong mom? What would others say makes you a strong mother?
The beginning of this year was rough, to say the least. I had testing done, and was told I wouldn't carry my son to term, and if I were to deliver him, he would survive only a few hours. The test was wrong, and I have a healthy baby boy. 

15 days prior to delivering my son, my dad unexpectedly passed away. My main focus is staying mentally healthy for the well being of my two babies (19 months and 4 months). I keep reminding myself to take one day at a time and two little people need me.
2. What helps you get through the difficult moments as a mother?  
My husband, and having a few friends to talk and vent to. Even when I feel like I'm being completely irrational, they are there to ground me. I'm not sure if this sounds odd to some, but going to my dad's grave and asking him to give me strength and to watch over myself and my family helps me tremendously.
3. What is your advice to another mom going through a tough time? 
My advice to other moms is to ask for help when you need it. Don't be afraid to let your guard down. 
And make time for yourself! I'm beginning to do things for ME now; if I don't care for myself I can't care as well as I would like for my family. It's a lesson I'm finally learning myself.
4. What are 5 of your favorite things in the world (color, food, drink, candy, store, song, flower, etc.) 
Some of my favorite things (besides my family ) are chocolate, espresso martinis, shopping at Target, the song Hello by Adele, and sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment