share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Mom of the Month - Krista Foye

Congratulations to our September Mom of the Month, Krista Foye! Her boys seem to be her world and she'd do anything for them. She has good ideas about remembering that even those challenging moments will pass someday and it's all OK! I love her honesty about what she felt when baby #2 came home! Read on for more awesome-ness from this Super Mom! 


Images shared from Krista Foye


1. Describe your children in 3-5 words. How did you choose their names? 
Jackson (2 1/2) cautious yet fearless and loves adventures. Love the name Jack but wanted him to have options when he is older. Logan (7 months) is happy, good natured, and ACTIVE! We debated for 9 months over his name and landed at this name (no pun intended!)
2. How old are your children? How did you tell people you were expecting a baby? Jackson 2 1/2- we told my parents on Father's Day and announced to the world in October with a Pumkin photo. Logan 7 months- we told my parents on Fathers Day again! (Same exact due date) Announced to the world in October with a super hero sidekick photo (attached)


3. How would you describe your pregnancies?
Extremely sick with both babies until 18 weeks. Felt amazing in 2nd half of both pregnancies. High heels at work until the day that I went in labor!
How was delivery, birth and labor for you? First labor was 3 days, ended up induced on the 3rd, pushed for 3 hours and finally needed vacuum. Jackson got an infection and needed antibiotics and the NICU but only for 8 hours. Logan (2nd labor) was 5 hours start to finish. Almost delivered Logan in the car in the way to the hospital! Pushed for 20 minutes. Epidural for both. Extremely different experiences!
4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words. Selfless, FUN, superwoman haha
5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you? Hard working, fun, and always put them first


6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?
Working 60 hours a week yet creating a home and family that is perfect in my eyes. Oh and breast feeding both babies (14 months with Jackson and 7 months going strong with Logan). Pumping while driving.... Does that count? Haha
7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom?
Sacrificing precious time with my babies while they are young for my career (which I love as well). Trying to balance it all.
8. What is your favorite baby/child product(s) that makes your mom job easier? 
Hands free Medela breast pump! Double stroller by Chicco, Summer Infant Video monitors, K'Tan wrap, Amber Teething necklace. Sophie!
9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother?
Every phase gets better even though you think the current phase is your favorite. Soak up every day, even the challenging ones. You can NEVER spoil your baby... Hold them as often as you can. And lastly "this too shall pass" (teething stage currently)


10. What is a typical day like for you?
5:00 am wake up and shower 5:00/6:00 baby wakes up- nurse 6:00-6:30 bring baby downstairs and organize Jackson's meals/Logan's bottles for nanny, while husband gets ready 6:30-7:15 I get all dolled up 7:00 Jackson wakes up 7:15-7:30 get Jackson ready 7:30 nanny arrives- brief her on the day 7:40- out the door 6:30 home from work 6:30-7:30 dinner and play 7:30-8:00 tubby and stories for both kiddos 8:00 hopefully both asleep 8:00-11:00 clean, get ready for the next day!
11. What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? Disney (again) Have a pool Stay home with them Travel the world Give them a baby sister (not happening though!) haha
12. What are your favorite things to do in the fall? 
Apple picking, pumpkin patch, gray animal farm, smiling hill farm, play in leaves, bundle up
What is your favorite part about "going back to school" season? 
No school yet, but we still buy new "school clothes"!!!
13. Tell us a time where you felt like you failed at parenting... but then realized you truly had not failed, things worked out fine. I honestly cried every day for a week when Logan was born. Jackson was turning 2 that same week and I thought my first baby would think that I didn't love him as much. I also didn't know if I could love my second baby as much. And yes I am crying as I type this! And boy....Was I wrong!!! I can't even explain .. And I'm sure you all know... How much more love can fit into 1 heart when you have a second baby.
14. What makes you a strong mom? 
I work hard so that we can do fun things, that being said, I am able to juggle A LOT at once. I give 120% into my babies and husband before myself, which leaves very little mommy time. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Love my life! 
15. Anything else you want to add? 
Honored to be chosen for this, and so thankful to be part of an amazing group of strong and beautiful mommies.


No comments:

Post a Comment