share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mom of the Month - Merlinda Boucher

Congratulations to Merlinda Boucher for being nominated as our July Mom of the Month! She is one awesome momma to three beautiful children!


Images shared from Merlinda Boucher

I don't often save the nominations people send me... but this one I could not delete. This was so sweet, from Merlinda's sister-in-law, Nicole!

Hello, have I got a mom of the month for you!!! 
Her name is Merlinda, mom of three... 13, 11 and 8mos. She works three jobs... Full time as a sales person for a shipping container company (travels two days a week), part time as a hair dresser (salon in her home) and is an independent consultant for a skin care company called Rodan + Fields. Not to mention that her 11yo son plays baseball so you know that is like another full time job bringing him to practices 5days a week, cheering him on at games and cleaning his dirty dirty uniforms (and she makes it a point to never miss anything if it is in her power!)!!! She devotes herself to cooking an amazing healthy and rediculously tasty meal every night for her family, even though most of us would turn to a quick take out option with that much going on w the work schedule and her house is always spotless (meaning she stays up till midnight sometimes scrubbing toilets and floors). Her older two children are incredibly well behaved amazing human beings and it is all because of how she has raised them... The 8month old will prove to be too (and can I add they are all gorgeous children too). She is a truly inspiring person, giving to anyone who needs, bends over backwards for people, a role model with her work ethic (to say the least), kind, and beautiful. She is a wonderful mother, wife, friend, employee, family member (she is my sister-In-law) and all around five star person!!!!!  
On top of everything she has on her plate her son has recently been diagnosed with chrones so she is running back and forth to doctors appointments and comforting her scared son. She is a rock for the family but i know she as a mom is struggling with fears about how this will effect his life and this would be such a mood lifter for her to see how inspiring she is to others. Thank you for the consideration!!! Nicole Luckiest sister in law EVER!


1. Describe your children in 3-5 words. How did you choose their names?
Hi! I'm a mommy of 3 amazing kids!! With quite the age span! I have a beautiful, sometimes cranky but mostly amazing thirTEEN year old daughter named Hannah. Hannah was a name that I always loved! Next, I have an ALL AROUND quad riding, fishing, baseball star, 11 year old boy (little man) Charles (CJ). He was named after his Dad and Papa. Lastly... And I mean LASTLY... My sweet 9 month old peanut Emelia named after her great grandmother.

2. How did you tell people you were expecting a baby?
My announcements with Hannah and CJ were pretty traditional... Life before Pinterest and Facebook! As for Emelia... We did a scrabble/ ultrasound announcement and the highly recommended gender reveal party!!

3. How would you describe your pregnancies? How was delivery, birth and labor for you? 
All my pregnancies and deliveries were pretty easygoing... Besides the fact that I swell like an elephant!!
4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words. 
As a mom... the only word I can use to describe myself is INVOLVED!! I always want to know what's going on, with who and how!!


5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you? 

I hope someday my kids look back on me and remember me as a loving mom. Someone that was always there for them... Good or bad.
6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of? 
I guess I am proud that I am a hard working mom. My kids see me working and working yet I make it to every school event and game! After all, they come first!!

7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom? 
The most difficult part of being a mom is that you kind of lose yourself a bit. Your old priorities, like pedicures and a tan, hit the bottom of the list.
8. What is your favorite baby/child product(s) that makes your mom job easier? 
I am obsessed with my Ciao baby traveling high chair!! It folds up like a lawn chair and is great to bring.
9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother? 
Your kids should never fear you, rather RESPECT you.




10. What is a typical day like for you? 
My days are craaaaazyyyy. I work all day and sometimes at night, but I make dinner at the table 99% of the time because it's my favorite!!
11. What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? 
I would love to travel with my kids more. To different countries. I come from a very cultured background and enjoy learning about other cultures. It can be very interesting!!
12. What are your favorite summer outings, events, plans, trips, etc. you like to take your family on? Tips for making the most of your summer with kids? 
In the summer, I love to do day trips with the kids... Especially to the beach! Also, tend to our yard, garden and pool.  

It's important to balance fun and responsibility!!



13. Tell us a time where you felt like you failed at parenting... but then realized you truly had not failed, things worked out fine. 

I went through a divorce when my kids were 3 and 5. That was a very sad time for me and I felt like I failed my children. I thought I set them up for a tough life. They are AMAZING though and we keep their lives balanced and it's actually made them strong little people!!
14. What makes you a strong mom?
My sense of accomplishment and thriving to give my kids a good old fashioned household is what makes me most proud.  

Mommies put too much pressure on themselves. As long as you are doing your best... And put your kids first... You're doing great!! And don't forget to make yourself happy. Because if mama ain't happy... No one is!! Lol. #raisingthenextgeneration #littlepeoplerock #mommylife

1 comment: