share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Happy 4th Birthday, Mommy Stories!

Oh my word, I don't know where time goes, it flies by so quickly!

I have had the busiest month ever, so much that I forgot the special day that May 26th is!

It was this blog's FOURTH birthday!


Four years of being this kinda blogger like I termed it way back when I had no clue what blogging even was! Four years of writing and sharing stories - both my stories of my kids and trials and tribulations of being a momma the last five years, all I've learned and those stories of other mommy friends I've met along the way. That's the MOST fun part about this blog - the amazing, hard working, devoted mothers I meet and try my best to feature here for you to learn more from.

That's what this mothership is all about in my opinion, learning from others, sharing and supporting others joys and moments of falter. We're in this together. That's what this blog has been about for me. Making sure you know you aren't alone, that we've all been there.


This year has been pretty crazy. The Facebook group that goes along with the is blog is so large that I have a waiting list. I'm not too sure why the waiting list is there or what I'm waiting on... but I've found that the more people who are in the group, the more time it takes for me to oversee the group and more issues sometimes we face with disagreements. It's an awesome issue to have - so many moms who have heard this group is supportive and wonderful and helpful. I love that.

There are currently 1,613 moms in there, with 88 on a waiting list. Wow. About 1700! Yikes. That's amazing. I have to admit I have no idea how this happened. I started this whole project as a gift to a good friend who was then pregnant with her first child. And now, it's a passion, sometimes a job, and always fun for me. I honestly love it.



I'm grateful that you share your stories with me. This year, I've heard from a few moms who were really struggling with major issues. They talked to me online and thanked me for helping them. I don't even remember their names, to be totally honest with you, my Mom Brain is at its peak as far as worst of the worst having no memory (that helps with the whole anonymous stuff on the blog I guess, that I can't recall people's names!).

I'm a busy mom. You ask me how I do all this all the time. How I write this blog and work a full time job, mother of two, and then oversee the big Facebook group. I just do. I type fast, I tell people, that's part of it. I have fun with it, that's the biggest part of it. I LOVE it.

Recently after some tough days a friend asked me if perhaps I would want to shut down the Facebook group for a bit while I focus on the other stuff going on. I am not ready to give it up. I love it. It's a distraction for me, it makes me feel like it's helping someone daily, even in little ways. I find a big purpose in this blog and in the group's discussions. It's busy, not gonna lie, there are days lately where I can't even scan through the many posts on there. There have been more days this past year where I've reached out to my trusted mommy friends asking for them to keep an eye on the group if I'm going to be super busy with other things.

I have a little village around me growing this blog, don't you worry. I could not do it alone, that's for sure!


I don't blog as often as I like. I sometimes can't think of good MOMMY SPEAK questions in the group. I take a week longer to reply to messages sometimes than I like to admit.

I've realized in this past year of this Mommy Stories project that I'm in full mother load status. I'm BUSY! It's kinda crazy. Yet it's a good metaphor for this blog, too. That it's OK to let it go sometimes. That it's fine to not post as many blog stories as I planned that week. It's OK to be messy and all over the place. That's real motherhood, and if you know anything about me and my blog, it's always been about being SUPER REAL.

It's never been about being perfect or even great. It's about being REAL and HONEST, and sharing stories so that moms don't feel alone, a sort of how-to guide for parents, especially new parents.

For all the things that don't go the way I would like them to, there are a trillion other things that are fantastic in my life and with this mommy thing. I'm lucky to have two healthy kids who adore me and think that I'm the coolest thing ever. I'm grateful to have even one person read my blog posts, share the ideas in them, learn from me and my stories as well as from the moms I feature. I LOVE that every month on my blog one mom is featured as Mom of the Month and basically a superstar in my book.

There are so many good things happening here. For all the tough moments or frustrating things I read sometimes, I know there are 10 times as many great aspects to this blog.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for following along on this journey.

You have no idea how grateful I am to you for your support.

Hope you have FUN along the way with me!

HAPPY #4 to the Mommy Stories! I hope to make this next year amazing, fierce and fearless. 

Follow along in pictures @themommystories on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment