share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, December 27, 2014

stop thinking, start enjoying

Christmas has come and gone once again. It seems it flies by faster each year!

The smiles on these faces... that is what it was all about this year for us. I stressed the night before that we didn't have enough gifts or even ones for both of them. I worried that they would be too tired the next day to withstand the busy chaos that is going house to house on Christmas Day. I forgot to read them 'Twas the Night Before Christmas because we got home late from a holiday party and rushed them into their pajamas and up to bed before I saw it standing up next to the Santa cookies and carrots. I worried that they'd act out or be fussy without resting in between family house stops. I myself woke up at 2:30 a.m. on Christmas morning for absolutely no reason besides I was excited and overthinking everything.



Isn't that how it goes with moms? We think and think and think.

We all need reminders sometimes to just sit back, relax, take a deep breath, and realize it's ALL GOOD. Things are fine. They are happy, overjoyed really. Doing that one more thing, reading that bed time story, having the cutest bed time pajamas, that would not have made it better or perfect.

There is no such thing as perfection in motherhood. 
There just isn't. 

I never strive for perfection, I really despite the word in fact. But I have these visions in my head of how things will go, and when they aren't going as planned, which happens ALL the time with kids, right?! Well, that is hard to handle sometimes.

I think it's the pressures. From whomever and wherever, the Internet I suppose, who knows. We're always busy, rushing to and from, here and there, doing this and that.


My MIL is amazing... these are her handmade stockings and beautiful tree for a big family!


We all need to realize they are just kids. Kids, children, littles, teeny tinies. They don't know what else there is besides what we give them. They love us for who we are - even in those moments where we're snappy and impatient. They adore us even. It's nuts, I know, but they accept all is well with the world even if we had a few more things on our to do list or in our Pinterest board that we wanted to create. 

I know Christmas is over. I should have written this pre-holiday festivities. But here it is, for you to think about this next year, for future parties or holidays that are coming ahead... just breathe, do what you can do, and let go of the rest.

They love it all. You should, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment