share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

MOM 2015 Resolutions - part 1

Happy almost New Year's! I love this time of year. Starting fresh, thinking positively, learning from mistakes, being hopeful and wishful thinking. I love it. Every bit of it. That's why I asked our 2014 Moms of the Month to answer a few quick questions about what their 2015 will be like, in hopes that we can learn from them one more time.

If you missed these Moms of the Month features, click on the links below their names to read more from these FABULOUS mothers. I appreciate each of them for taking the time to answer my questions! I know you will love these. I hope these moms' resolutions will help you think about some goals for your 2015.

If you want to nominate someone as Mom of the Month, please email me at themommystories@gmail.com with the person's name and a brief explanation as to why she deserves this recognition in 2015. Thanks!

HAPPY (almost) NEW YEAR!

********************************************************************************************************


JESS STANWOOD
Mom of the Month May 2014

http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2014/05/mom-of-month-jess-stanwood.html
1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2014? 
In 2014 I learned that I am a strong person and can handle more than I give myself credit for. Before having kids, I never would have thought of myself as strong, but this year I proved that I am. Having to drive to Portland every day for 6 1/2 weeks to visit my sick newborn in the NICU and take care of my family at home, definitely was not easy. I also learned that with each child you have, the faster time goes by.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year?
I would like to see us do more things as a family. Go on special trips or vacations. I am not very good at planning those kinds of things, so I definitely need to work on that for this year. I would like to see less stress in my life. I need to slow down and try to enjoy the moment more. The days are long, but the years fly by, right?
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2015? 
Crazy, fun and eventful.
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2015?
My resolution for myself is to exercise more. I don't exercise at all because I have no time. So I am going to make time, even if it's only for 10 minutes a day while the baby naps. I will keep being a fun, loving mom to my three kiddos. I am going to change the fact that I worry too much about cleaning and laundry, and play more with the kids.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
I am not particularly good about giving myself "me" time. I'm lucky if I get my hair cut twice a year, lol! I usually have my time when its 9:30 at night, and everyone else is in bed so I'll stay up and have a glass of wine and watch one of my shows. I'll try every few months to go get dinner with girlfriends. It is really important for mommies to get time to themselves every once in a while, so do whatever you have to. Even if it means asking a friend or neighbor to watch the kids even if it's just for an hour. 

Happy New Year mommies! Remember you're all doing an amazing job!



AMY FULLERTON
Mom of the Month April 2014

http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2014/04/mom-of-month-amy-fullerton.html


1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2014? 
I guess I learned that it gets harder, but with that it's also more rewarding. With both of my kids in school full time I'm seeing them turn into their own little people. They don't necessarily want my help or advice. Learning to let them learn by mistakes and take responsibility for their actions is tough. It's also been fun, with them being older we are now able to do more. Going through pictures from this past year the adventures we have been able to take have been awesome. Hiking, helicopter rides, sailing are just a few.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year?
More me time, where I can just do what I want....not for the kids, not for my husband, not for the house...just me (is that selfish?? ) Less drama...sometimes it's necessary to cut ties.
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2015? 
Exciting - I want to try new things and make memories that the kids will hold on to. Proud - Watching what they do and even if they fail, know that they have at the very least, given it a shot Calm - in the sense that I can step away from a situation with out it making me nuts
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2015?
My goal is to unplug this year. My attention needs to be on my family and not what so and so is complaining/bragging/posting about for the day.
I want to keep doing what I'm doing, being there for my kids, spending time in each of their classrooms, taking early walks with Sophie, building legos with Holden.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
Just do your best, that's all you really can do. It took until my kids were in school for me to figure this one out. They were my 'excuse' (for lack of better word) that I couldn't do something for me. I am their mom and I need to be there all the time for them is what I would tell myself. But realizing that if I got some time, it made me a better mom/wife/friend.


KRISTEN COUTU
Mom of the Month December 2014

http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2014/12/mom-of-month-kristen-coutu.html


1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2014? I learned that more is not always better. That fewer activities helps us to really enjoy the one we are presently doing, less toys & 'stuff' has encouraged our kids to play more creatively with what they have, more unstructured play and less rushing around has opened up more quality time for our family.
2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? More fun and more time just treasuring the simple everyday moments with the kids. Less agendas, less todo lists and less stress. More money and less bills would also be pretty awesome too!!
3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2015? Adventurous- I love learning and exploring with my little ones Peaceful- less hustle bustle, less running from this activity to the next Healthy- please, please no more sickness and germs!
4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2015? Goals for 2015 include more focus on carving out time for just my husband and I together and less pressure on myself to do everything. 
I will probably keep making my crazy to do lists just because that's how I motivate and organize myself. But I hope by learning to prioritize what's important and what really isn't that my life will carry less unneeded stress in 2015.
5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you? Including ME time each day definitely is something I need to work on, so I will be looking to you moms for advice there! To help keep goals I always tell someone that I know will keep me accountable and help me stay on track. Having a good support system is so important!



No comments:

Post a Comment