share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Sunday, November 16, 2014

shop & support moms - The Yellow Zebra Signs Shop - Laura Robbins

I am SO glad I found this hard working mother and grandmother, Laura Robbins of The Yellow Zebra Facebook shop! She is so incredibly talented- I think I want one of each of her beautifully handcrafted signs! These will make amazing gifts - for the holidays, a baby shower or wedding gift, a housewarming idea... endless thoughtful gift items for you to give - and all affordable! 

Thank you, Laura, for sharing your work with us. Such beautiful signs! 

Scroll to the bottom to find out your giveaway from The Yellow Zebra! 


All images shared from Laura Robbins



1. How did you start your business? Why did you want your own business? When did you start your business?  
I have always had a love for making things….. We opened a shop in 2010 and I LOVED it.  My husband is a pastor and opening a shop gave us some extra money to help pay the bills :)  We closed our shop back in Nov of 2013 as we ventured to the south to pioneer another church. A year ago we moved away to Georgia, but due to some serious medical issues on my husband, we moved home…..  Starting over was difficult, and finances were a constant struggle…..  I needed to do something from home to help financially.   So through our Yellow Zebra Facebook page we sell items as we find them or create them. We keep our prices affordable so that people will buy again and tell their friends.

Note: On the Facebook page things are listed for sale from $5 to $50! 

2. What does the name of your business mean? How did you come up with the title?    
The Yellow Zebra was just a fun name.  We wanted something different that would make people wonder what we were about.

3. What does your shop specialize in? 
We had everything possible.  Mostly vintage and antiques.  Things made from repurposed wood. Right now, signs are my favorite.  It is something I can do from my home.




4. How do you get inspiration and ideas for items to make?  
Most of the time I just start a project and it flows from there.  I also love Pinterest  :)

5. How long does it take you to make items? It varies on the size and detail.  Some signs take an hour and others take several   When do you make your items mostly , what time of day?  
Any time of day…. all day and night  

6. Take me step by step through sending someone's package to them.. what special things do you include in there ? 
I wrap the signs with tissue paper with a little note of thanks and then I protect it with some cardboard/ bubble wrap and then wrap it in the brown mailing roll.

7. What is your success rate? How many orders so far? 
I am just getting started on the selling of signs over the last few months.

8. Why do you think people should buy homemade items? 

No two signs are just alike, they are unique.   Most of the signs I make are on old boards we found from an 1800's barn





10. How does your business allow you to be a great mother? 
My kids are grown and married, but have grand babies around most of the time.  I have 4 grandchildren.

12. What is the coolest thing you've ever created? Why?  

I like them all…. Each piece is unique…. I have made signs from antique Ironing boards, Fence posts, dresser drawers.   Whatever I can find that is old.

14. How many kids do you have? Give us one word to describe them.  
I have 3 kids and 4 grandkids….  They are AMAZING!

My discount is 10% off their purchase
www.facebook.com/TheYellowZebra






No comments:

Post a Comment