share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

shop & support moms - Shauna O'Connor - JamBerry Nails & Cahill Creations

I am LOVING all of the moms we are featuring this November in our Shop & Support Moms series on the blog, encouraging you to purchase holiday gift items from these hard working mommas. Shaunna O'Connor is another mom I'm ECSTATIC to feature today! She's AMAZING to say it simply. She does it ALL, literally! Two beautiful children, a new JamBerry Nails company started, as well as creates anything you can think of that would make an excellent gift. 

Check out her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CahillCreations

She creates handmade signs, wedding dress hangers with one's name on them, teacher and Valentine's Day baskets, etc. Awesome gifts!

Thank you, Shaunna, for sharing with us!


Images from Shaunna O'Connor


1. How did you start your business? Why did you want your own business? 
When did you start your business? I started Cahill Creations shortly after I had my son. I needed something to bring in a little extra money while I was home.  

I just joined 3 months ago as a Jamberry Nails Consultant. I joined because I ordered one set of nail wraps and LOVED my nails. I also loved that I could do them, at home, for about $3 per manicure! When my nails still looked perfect after 2 weeks, I was hooked! 
2. Why was working at home a perfect situation for you and your family?  
I used to work in daycare, and after having my son—it just didn’t make sense to pay someone else to watch my kids, while I watched other kids. I wanted to be home. Cahill Creations allowed me to be home and kept me busy (as if caring for a newborn wasn’t enough!). I decided to add Jamberry Nails to my plate because I figured if I loved the product and I’d buy them anyways, it would only make sense to sell them too!  
3. What does your business specialize in? What's your favorite product?  
Cahill Creations doesn’t have a specialty! I do it all---and what I can’t do, my mom can! I think our best sellers are candy bouquets around Valentines Day, and Wedding Hangers in wedding season. Jamberry Nails specializes in heat activated nail wraps. My favorite current nail wrap is called Moon Glass. 


ABOVE: pillow cases with a name on it =$20 



4. What do you love best about working from home? 
I make my own hours, I can start dinner while ‘working’ and I can be with my two precious kiddos as much as possible. 
5. When working, where do you set up shop in your home? When do you work in the day/evening? What's your process for working? 
I set up in our bedroom when doing paperwork or computer stuff. I have a corner with the computer, filing cabinet, etc. When working on candy bouquets, pillowcases, hangers, I typically work at the dining room table. Depending on what I’m making, I have a ‘box for that’. I just grab the correct box, and everything I need is inside. For instance, I have a glue gun in my hanger box, my bow making box, and my candy bouquet box, so I never need to ‘get it’ from anywhere else. I also have a lot set up on the ipad should I need to catch up on emails or anything quickly while nursing or doing something quiet with my toddler. My Jamberry Nails are also organized in a ‘box’. Inside the box, I’ve already have samples taped, folded, inside a sealed envelope with my return address already stamped. That way, when someone requests a sample, I can quickly grab my box, and get the sample in the mail efficiently without having to do all the little steps every time.  
6. Take me step by step through sending someone's package to them.. what speial things do you include in there ? How do you wrap them up? 
Do you get nervous when you send packages to people? I’m very lucky to work for a company that typically mails our product directly to the customer. Jamberry Nails come in exciting little purple cardboard envelopes. My husband knows when I get an envelope, I get so excited! I don’t have too many mail orders for Cahill Creations. When I do, I mail with a business card and contact info. I do get a little nervous because my goal is to have customers 100% satisfied, and without seeing their face there is always that uncertainty!  


7. What is your success rate? How many orders so far?  
My only goal is having no goal. Sounds crazy, right? I don’t like the pressure of ‘x’ sales, or ‘x’ amount of money. I do it for fun and I don’t ever want to loose sight of that. I have had enough orders to keep me busy, but would love to eventually step it up a bit!
8. Why do you think people should buy these products, and why should they support moms who work for these types of companies from home?  

Moms supporting moms is just such a positive vision. I love buying local from moms, I love giving homemade gifts. I’d rather buy an item from someone local than a huge online retailer. I’m nobody to them...but I might be the order that finally allows another mom to buy the newest ‘it’ toy (or game or shirt) for their kiddo. That’s what really matters!
9. What are your favorite homemade or company sellers to buy from?
I’ve been trying to do my Christmas shopping as much as possible through local homemade shops! I’ve recently placed orders with ‘A Touch of Glass’, and ‘Amys Personalized Presents’. I am also very faithful to my Pampered Chef consultant. When I got married, I even registered through Pampered Chef!
10. How does your business allow you to be a great mother?  
I don’t think it necessarily allows me to be a great mother. It allows me to be the mom I choose to be...which is someone who is home most of the time. I can take my kids to play groups, open gym, and story time. It allows me to wake up on a Tuesday morning and give extra snuggles or decide to take out 5 shades of paint and let my 2 year old paint six pieces of construction paper ‘just because’.  
11. What do you think would surprise readers to know about you?  
Before I launched my Jamberry Nails business, I got my fingernails painted maybe 2 times a YEAR. Now, I faithfully change them every 2 weeks! I can’t wait to show off my latest ‘jamicure’!  
12. What is the coolest thing you've ever experienced as part of working with this business?  
Probably the ‘wow’ my husband first gave me after I made my VERY FIRST candy bouquet. Looking back, it was absolutely pathetic!! It was a whim, it was for my brother-in-law for our secret santa gift. He’s Irish, and loves Irish candies. I tracked down a place that sold them and created a bouquet. My husband was impressed, and I launched a business! Pretty cool! 
13. What is one of your favorite gifts to give someone for the holidays?  
I love giving ornaments! It seems so silly, but I feel like they relive every year when the recipient takes them out of the ornament box. I have ornaments from every trip I’ve taken---my tree isn’t made of ornaments, its made of memories!


14. How many kids do you have? Give us one word to describe them.  
I have 2 kids. Brennan is 2, and he is hilarious! Brynley is 8 months and she is just a little sweetheart!
I will give each person an accent sheet of nails that makes a purchase from Jamberry Nails!

My website is Jamwithshauna.jamberrynails.net
My group on facebook is

There aren’t too many items that can ship from Cahill Creations. But, anyone that orders a pillowcase or personalized sign will get free shipping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment