share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Halloween treats for the littles

I always like to think outside the box and try something new.

I also have a son who goes haywire on too much sugar, so I'm always trying to think, "what could I give besides something sweet?" Believe me, I love the candy, but sometimes it's fun to get different things, too.

This year for Halloween I made up some cute treat bags for my children, nieces and nephews. My sister helped me decorate the bags, as I'm so not creative in that department.

I'm a school counselor and reading-fantatic, so of course I included books for the kids!



I love paper bags. They are the cutest. I've had the same pack of paper bags for the last two years for a few parties and gifts. They are simple yet unique.



Inside I included a pudding treat (sugar free!) that my husband got as a kid from his grandmother and insisted I get for the nieces and nephews, too cute. Then stickers, pencils, stencils, etc. along with their books.


I found this cute outfit at a consignment store for my niece and mailed it to her. She's 6 months old so this was a good idea for her.


Yesterday I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up a few things for trick-or-treaters at our house, again thinking outside the box not wanting to just do candy. I have friends who have kids with food allergies, so this year that really struck me, wanting to be more inclusive, not just have a pile of treats they could not enjoy in case we get trick-or-treaters with allergies. So I did stickers, toys, and some candy that I heard were less likely to cause allergies.

I picked up erasers, pencils, stickers, Dum-Dums and Smarties, as well as some little whistles and bubbles. Nothing fancy, but a little different I'm hoping.

What do you put in the bucket for trick-or-treaters?

HAVE FUN TRICK-OR-TREATING, MOMMIES!

No comments:

Post a Comment