share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Mom of the Month - Keri Stoorza

Congrats to our September Mom of the Month, Keri Stoorza! 

Mom to four beautiful children, including sweet twins, she is hard working and always trying to do what's best for her kids. She gives great advice at accepting help from others. 

Congrats, Keri! Thank you for sharing your life with us!



1. Describe your children in 3-5 words. 
Spunky, funny, lovable with a little crazy mixed in. 
2. When were your children born and where? 
All were born in Dover at Wentworth Douglass. Jan. 2008 April 2011 Twins: Feb 2013
3. How would you describe your pregnancies? 
Ugh. I don't love being pregnant. Very sick in the beginning. Especially with the twins... I threw up for 20 weeks! But I do love when you can start to feel them move. We chose to wait to find out their sex each time. We love guessing and thAt special moment when they are born. And it drove our friends nuts. Lol. 

Otherwise, my pregnancies were straight forward. The twins were a little more complex. I developed some heart issues (I'm only 5'1"). The extra blood volume caused a preg. Heart murmur and a crazy resting heart rate of 200!! That was crazy. Also had some pregnancy related anemia. But I carried them to term. 4 days before my due date. Which was actually longer than my single babies who I had a week before my due date. I actually had to be induced with the twins because it was starting to get too risky. But all is well that ends well.



All images from Keri Stoorza


4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words. 

I try to go with the flow while keeping the chaos down. I attempt to have the kids work as a team. With 4 kids, we all have to work together. I try to be a fun mom, we like to laugh, dance silly in the kitchen...

Fun
Loving Relaxed Disciplinarian
5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they're old enough to tell you? 

A wise mom. To know the balance between fun and play while keeping the rules straight and keeping happiness within the home. 
6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of? 
Maintaining my business while balancing my family. I own Wiggle Worms Pediatric PT. I opened in 2006 before kids. We continue to grow and service the community.

7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom? 
Balance! There is never enough time for everything. Making sure everyone gets enough mommy time. That everyone's needs are met, is everyone happy... That mommy guilt can come up and nip me in the bud with 4 kids.
8. What is your favorite baby product(s) that makes your mom job easier? 
I'm pretty basic. I loved the ergo and our bumbo seats. I am a strong believer in lots of floor time. No fancy devices here.
9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother? 
Sleep whenever you can! And don't worry about the day to day things let the house go for now. 

Take people up on their offers to help! Nobody can be super woman all the time. As women, we are here for each other and especially after a baby, the help is always appreciated.




10. What is a typical day like for you? 
Around 6:30 my two oldest come in and jump into bed with my husband and I. We try to sleep for another 30 min. ... Kind of. Lol. Then my husband and I sneak in a shower, get the twins up and dressed. We both work on breakfast for everyone. My husband leaves by 8:15 for work. Then I either bring my oldest to camp, we head out for errands or a playground. 

I try to get the kids outside to play everyday, especially in the summer. 

If it's a work day... I work M, Tu and Wed, our nanny arrives at 8:45 and I head out around 9 am. We eat lunch around 11:30, the three youngest takes naps. I put the twins down first around 12:30... Diaper, book, snuggle. Then the three year old goes down for a nap. At this point I sit for 5 min. Then try to get some laundry done and pick up the house. While my 6 yo was home this summer, I read with her and we sometimes played a game together. After nap we have a snack, try to fit a walk in. 

Then prep dinner! We usually try to eat around 5:30. Then my husband gets home around 6:30, he helps with baths and bed. We alternate "big kids" and babies. It took us a long time to figure what works best for bedtime with 4 kids that are so young. I think this is the hardest time of the day. I'm tired, they are tired. It's hard. We eventually found that if we rock both babies together and then snuggle with both big kids at bedtime, it keeps bedtime from lasting all night. 

Snuggle time is by far my favorite time as a mom. At that point in the evening, I know all the hard stuff is done and I can just hug them. Of course... This all Changes once my daughter goes back to school Tuesday.
11. What 5 things would you like to do with your kids someday, if anything were possible and money no object? 
Hmmm. I would love to travel with my kids. Teach them about other parts if the world. Teach them how lucky we are to live here. Teach them we have a responsibility to help Others. By traveling to poor countries, I could help instill compassion.
Visit the national parks in the US
Disney
Ski trips/ hiking trips. My husband and I love to ski and hike. We are looking forward to passing these activities down to our kids.
12. What are your favorite FALL time activities to do with your kids? 
Every fall we love to go apple picking. Corn mazes are also a lot of fun. Fall hiking as the weather gets cooler.








No comments:

Post a Comment