share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Friday, August 15, 2014

homemade granola

I love yogurt, granola and fruit. It's the best breakfast or quick snack for me and the kids. When my friend told me she made her own, I had to have the recipe. I ended up trying a different recipe I found on a blog. It's so easy to make, I did not expect it to be super easy, boy was I fooled.

You have to try this at home :)



GRANOLA
from the Born Imaginative blog 

Mix together in a large bowl:
8 cups oats
1 cup wheat germ (I didn't use this because I forgot it)
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 cup coconut
1 cup slivered almonds
2 cups dried cranberries

Mix together in a 2 qt container
3/4 cup warm water
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup veg oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 tsp cinnamon

Add wet to dry. Mix.
Spread on two sheet pans evenly.
Bake at 200 for 2 hours if on shallow pan, changing shelf and mixing half way through.
If your pan is thicker, it could take a few hours until the oats get toasty.
Once done, shut off oven and let sit in oven until cool.


It looks a bit dark, but it's delicious! So easy to make. Literally, mix together the ingredients, put on the pans, bake for a while, let them cool, then transport to your favorite container. I got these glass jars below at Wal-Mart for $6, so adorable and cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment