share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

party on - Stephanie Martin - Frozen!

I love everything about this party by Stephanie Martin! The Olaf snowman bags are the BEST, most adorable part! I like that she took a Disney theme and turned it into something of her own that her daughter would love. A great 5th birthday party - looks like tons of fun!


All photos from Stephanie Martin

1. What was this party's theme and the age of your child? My daughter Olivia had a Disney Frozen themed party. She turned 5 years old.

2. How far in advance before the party did you start researching ideas, planning, etc.?
About 2 months.

3. Where did you find your inspiration, ideas? Any good Web sites, books, etc. you used for ideas? I had to make a lot work on my own due to the fact that every store and website had Frozen items at least 6-8 weeks back ordered. I bought some Frozen dinner plates and everything else was generic and downloaded and printed.

4. What words did you want to describe this party? Fun, planned & exciting



5. Why did you choose this particular theme this year for your child's party?
My daughter is obsessed with the Frozen movie and everything about it so there was no doubt this was the perfect theme for her party this year.

6. Where did you get the supplies- decorations, paper products, etc.? I bought some Frozen dinner plates from Birthdayexpress.com. Cupcake plates, napkin & favors were bought at Wal-Mart. The Olaf (snowman) favor bag materials were bought at Micheal's, Olivia's princess crown from Five Below, Pizza from Pizza Hut, Cupcakes, soda, chips, juice, little water bottles from Hannaford. I printed pictures from the movie and put them in frames for the table.

7. Did you do treat bags for the kids? If so, what and where did you get them? We did have treat bags. I handmade Olaf the snowman (from the movie) goodie bags. The boys bags had a reusable boy plastic cup, party blower, bouncy ball, toy story stickers & a Matchbox car in them. The girls bags had a princess reusable cup in them with a princess necklace, princess ring, bouncy ball, party blower & toy story stickers in them. I put a lot of my hard work into putting these bags together.


8. How did you invite people to the party - paper in the snail mail invitation, Evite, email, FB event invitation, etc.? What worked or didn't work with this way of inviting people? And about how many people did you invite, why?
I believe in giving out invitations for a party. The evites are nice but not everyone checks their e-mail constantly or FB and they can be missed or seen last minute. I bought the invitations from etsy.com. Once you bought them you sent the information back to the company and they made the invitations up for you and then e-mailed it back to you to print as many as you'd like. I really liked doing it this way and I will use this again for future parties. We invited a few family members and all the kids in her class (15). 

I always make sure to include all the kids in the class.

9. Did you have any games at your party? If so, let us know how they went. No games. The party was at Rumble Tumble so the kids played on all the equipment.

10. Where did you hold the party, and how did that work, pros and cons of having it at this location? This is the second year we had Olivia's party at Rumble Tumble in Portsmouth, NH. It's nice because the kids can just have free time play with each other while the adults can talk. It's a great contained space and you can keep an eye on your kids well and don't have to worry about them running off or getting into something.


11. How did the party run, the agenda of when you did things (cake before presents? snacks and treats before cake?)?
When the kids got there they went right to playing. I announced shortly after getting there that food and beverages were available. Everyone just came and ate when they liked. After the kids played a bit I announced we were going to open presents. Right after presents we did cupcakes and then let the kids play a little more before the party was over.

12. What time was the party? Why did you choose that time, and did it work out well or not? The available times on the day we wanted to have the party was 5:00-6:30 p.m. It works out good with that time as we just get pizza for everyone. We did the same time last year too!

13. Thing you are most proud of about this party and why?
I am proud of the whole thing. I worked so hard to put this party together and be unique and creative with my planning. Even though I hit some bumps in the road with supplies not being available I was able to make it work.


14. How do you think your child enjoyed this party?
I know she enjoyed it very much. She has a blast a Rumble Tumble and playing with her friends. She thanked me on the way home for putting together such a great party for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment