share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, April 5, 2014

party on - Jessica Begley - milk & cookies!

Jessica Begley, aka the Sleep Geek, planned an adorably sweet birthday party for her daughter's first birthday! Who doesn't love cookies and milk? I love all of the simple yet sweet touches to this party. What a great way to celebrate that first year!


All photos from Jessica Begley


1. What was this party's theme and the age of your child?
This was a Cookies & Milk Party for my daughter’s first birthday. The whole party revolved around milk and cookies.

2. How far in advance before the party did you start researching ideas, planning, etc.? 
I started planning for this party about 2 months earlier, although I had seen a similar party on Pinterest so I always had the idea at the back of my mind.

3. Where did you get your ideas?
As always, I turned to Pinterest and Etsy for ideas.

 4. What words did you want to describe this party? 
This was a very laid back but cute birthday. It required minimal prep and it was easy to tie the theme in.

5. Why did you choose this particular theme this year for your child's party? 
I love chocolate chip cookies! 



6. Where did you get the supplies- decorations, paper products, etc.? 
I bought most of the supplies from Dollar Tree, but I also bought a party package from an online party planning shop on Etsy. It included a banner, cupcake toppers, invitation, and other decorations.  I also bought decorative straws for the milk online from Amazon.

7. Did you do treat bags for the kids?  If so, what and where did you get them? 
I did little bags of heart shaped, pink iced sugar cookies and tied a mini heart cookie cutter to the bag.


8. How did you invite people to the party - paper in the snail mail invitation, Evite, email, FB event invitation, etc.? What worked or didn't work with this way of inviting people? And about how many people did you invite, why? 
We invited most of my children’s friends from daycare and their families, our family, and our close friends—probably around 40 people. Due to it being right before Thanksgiving, many people were very busy and couldn’t make it so we had about 20 people total. My parents, who were away for the weekend, ended up surprising us and making it which was wonderful.

9. Did you have any games at your party? If so, let us know how they went.  
We didn’t have any games because most of the kids played nicely with toys and between the cake cutting and gift opening time flew.

10. Where did you hold the party, and how did that work, pros and cons of having it at this location? 
We had the party at home. It worked out great because Ana could nap while we prepared and we were home to get her down for a reasonable bedtime.



11. How did the party run, the agenda of when you did things (cake before presents? snacks and treats before cake?)?
We did cocktails and finger food, cake, and then gifts. 

I like doing cake before presents so that the kids can burn off some of the sugar before heading home!

12. What time was the party? Why did you choose that time, and did it work out well or not? 
We had the party in the late afternoon so that she could get both naps in before the party. This worked out really well although she slept a little later for her afternoon nap than I had planned so I had to wake her up!

13. Thing you are most proud of about this party and why? 
I was really impressed with the chocolate chip cookie cake that was a combined effort of my cousin and I. It was adorable and delicious!

14. How do you think your child enjoyed this party? 
I think she had a blast! She wasn’t quite sure what to think of cake, but she loved the cookie assortment.



No comments:

Post a Comment