share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, March 29, 2014

party on - Kassy Flagg!

I LOVE THIS! Super fun, sweet and silly party for a big one year old! Thanks, Kassy Flagg, for sharing such a creative party, as well as your tips for making it go smoothly... including not needing to be the one taking the photos or doing it all! Great ideas :) 


                                           All photos by Photography By Kay

What was this party's theme and the age of your child?
Our son turned one and we had a monster themed party!
How far in advance before the party did you start researching ideas, planning, etc.?
About six months. The idea just kind of popped into my head so I used newborn nursing sessions to do a lot of research!!
Where did you find your inspiration, ideas? Any good Web sites, books, etc. you used for ideas?
Pinterest mostly!



What words did you want to describe this party?
Colorful, silly, creative!




Where did you get the supplies- decorations, paper products, etc.?
Oriental trading, BJ's and the dollar store! I also made a lot of the decorations and those supplies came from michales!
7. Did you do treat bags for the kids? If so, what and where did you get them?
I got party favors off of oriental trading and had them in a basket by the door.



8. How did you invite people to the party - paper in the snail mail invitation, Evite, email, FB event invitation, etc.? What worked or didn't work with this way of inviting people? And about how many people did you invite, why?
I sent out paper invitations that I ordered from snapfish. It worked very well! I don't like facebook invites because people always miss them. We invited about 50 people. We have a huge family! We figured not everyone would come, but they almost all did!!
9. Did you have any games at your party? If so, let us know how they went. 
No games. I had a ball pit for the kids and a "make your own monster craft".




10. Where did you hold the party, and how did that work, pros and cons of having it at this location?
In the room above our garage. It was perfect because I had all week to decorate. I just did a little each day at nap time. It also gave me lots of time to clean up, and it was free!!
11. How did the party run, the agenda of when you did things (cake before presents? snacks and treats before cake?)?
Everyone came at 2. We did Reagan's smash cake, and then sang and cut his big cake. Then he opened a few gifts. After that he actually fell asleep!! He slept on my shoulder for about an hour! After that we opened the rest of his gifts and he played! The other kids did the craft and played around the whole time.




12. What time was the party? Why did you choose that time, and did it work out well or not?
It worked well, it was on a Sunday so it was after church. The only downside was that it was afternoon nap time, but he was a champ and stayed in a great mood the whole time!
13. Thing you are most proud of about this party and why?
I'm proud of the whole thing!! I made a lot of his decorations and I think they came out really well! I kept the whole day running smooth! Nothing was overwhelming.

14. How do you think your child enjoyed this party?
He had a blast!
15. Anything else you want to share about party planning in general, or advice to others about planning a child's party?
The best thing I did was hire a photographer. All my photos were taken by Photography by Kay. She came and did a little photo shoot in his room, and then stayed for about two hours. She got photos of everything so I could be in the moment and not think about pictures! 

I also asked for help! Christy Witham made his monster shirt, and my friend Amanda Kelley made both of his cakes! Thanks to great friends and family it was a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment