share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Sunday, March 30, 2014

party on - Hannah Contella!

Listen, I'm a lover of all kids parties, they're just so adorable, fun and awesome. BUT then there are these types of parties that send me over the edge with laugher and awe of how a mom could be so super creative. This party is one of those! 

Hannah Contella is receiving my "Most Creative and Boy-Friendly Party" award today for her son's 8th Fear Factor birthday party last year! This is AWESOME. I can see all boys in the world wanting a party like this someday. Check it out!


All photos from Hannah Contella 

1. What was this party's theme and the age of your child? 
It was my son's 8th birthday, and the theme was Fear Factor.

2. How far in advance before the party did you start researching ideas, planning, etc.?
Conner decided the Fear Factor Theme in June (3 months prior to his party) and then I started planning and looking up ideas.
3. Where did you find your inspiration, ideas? Any good Web sites, books, etc. you used for ideas?
I googled Fear Factor Birthdays online. Several came up. Birthdaydaypartyideas.com had the most Fear Factor party ideas.

4. What words did you want to describe this party?
Memorable, fun, gross, silly


5. Why did you choose this particular theme this year for your child's party?
I always allow the kids to pick the themes. This year Conner was really into watching Fear Factor and loved all the gross stuff they did. I figured it would make for a fun party.

6. Where did you get the supplies- decorations, paper products, etc.?
I made a lot of the decorations myself. Then went with the yellow and black color and bought mostly everything at Walmart. 
7. Did you do treat bags for the kids? If so, what and where did you get them?
I didn't do treat bags for the kids. I rather put that money into doing more activities during the party.

8. How did you invite people to the party - paper in the snail mail invitation, Evite, email, FB event invitation, etc.? What worked or didn't work with this way of inviting people? And about how many people did you invite, why?
We made the invitations by hand and mailed them (snail mail) to everyone. We invited about 20 of Conner's friends and we also did his family party that day as well. I believe there ended up being around 45 people at his party this year.

9. Did you have any games at your party? If so, let us know how they went. The whole party was based on games. 
Game 1: First we split the kids into 2 teams. Taking turns they did a obstacle course. You first had to walk on the wood planks I made, then had to get 1 marble out of the pool that had freezing cold water in it, they then had to drink yellow lemonade (pee) then find the tootsie roll in the dirty diaper. It was chocolate pudding. The kids were all gagging it was so funny. Then find a creepy crawly bug in the shaving cream.

Game 2: Balloon pop. I had blown up over 100 balloons. Each kid got a cup and all started at 1 end of my lawn they had to run to the balloons and grab one and try to pop it with there feet or butt. Then put the popped balloon in their cup. (It was my secret way of not having 100 balloons to pick up at the end)

Game 3: Whip cream race. Each kid had a plate of whip cream. The 5 kids who could eat it the fastest moved onto the next round.

Game 4: Lemon slice. The top 5 kids all had to put a lemon slice in their months and keep it there. I figured this would be a fast one after 10 minutes and no one was out i decided that instead of the top 3 moving on all 5 kids would move onto the final round.

Game 5: I made about 6 boxes of spaghetti added a lot of oil to it and hit 3 dozen cherries in it. Each kid had 25 seconds to race down and grab out with their months the most cherries. The kid with the most cherrys was our Fear Factor Champion. (They also got a $10 Barnes and Noble gift card)



10. Where did you hold the party, and how did that work, pros and cons of having it at this location?
We had the party at my house. It worked out great cause it was a beautiful day. I did have a rain date on the invitations just in case. I knew there was no way I was going to be able to have this inside my house.

11. How did the party run, the agenda of when you did things (cake before presents? snacks and treats before cake?)?
While the kids were arriving I had a table for them to make slime. That way the kids were not bored while waiting for everyone to show up. Also they could take the slime home with them. Then we had the first 2 games, had lunch (hamburgers and hot dogs) finished the games. We did presents and then cake and ice cream.

12. What time was the party? Why did you choose that time, and did it work out well or not?
Party was from 12:30 to 3:00. It worked out great. 


13. Thing you are most proud of about this party and why?
That I was able to pull it off and everyone had fun. Kids at Conner's birthday party this year were still talking about it.
14. How do you think your child enjoyed this party?
Loved it, he said that one and his Mario theme party have been his favorite so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment