share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

shop & support moms - Valentine's ribbons and bows!

I've been searching for sweet Valentine's craft, gift ideas for you to give to your little loves when I found Sheryl on Facebook. Sheryl Pennanen seems like a super sweet mom from Maine. I stumbled upon her things on Facebook and I'm so glad I did, right in time to feature her on the blog for Valentine's Day.

Enjoy her sweet creations, and please help support a local mama!

https://m.facebook.com/creationsbysheryl2013



All photos from Sheryl Pennanen 


1. How did you start your business? Why did you want your own business? When did you start your business?
I started my business in 2011 after my son was born to help pay for some of his medical issues.
2. What does the name of your business mean? How did you come up with the title? Creations by Sheryl is just something I came up with that was easy and simple.
3. What does your shop specialize in? What is your favorite item to make? I specialize in hair bows, but the last year I have started headbands. I don't have a favorite I love it all.
4. How do you get inspiration and ideas for items to make?
My ideas come from current characters that children are liking like doc mcstuffins and I like making stuff for the holidays. 
5. How long does it take you to make items? When do you make your items mostly , what time of day? What do you do while creating something - tv on? music on? 
It takes about 15 minutes to make one hair bow from start to finish. I make them in the evening once my son is in bed. Sometimes the tv is on or music it depends on the day lol.
6. Take me step by step through sending someone's package to them.. what speial things do you include in there ? How do you wrap them up? Do you get nervous when you send packages to people?
I wrap them in bubble wrap with a bow. If a customer orders a lot or is a repeat customer I throw in an extra hair bow. I send an invoice and my business card. I don't get nervous, I just hope they arrive safety.

7. What is your success rate?
I do great at craft fairs in November and December but the rest of the year it's slow maybe one order every other week.
8. Why do you think people should buy on Etsy or homemade items? 
I think buying from etsy or homemade items keeps money in the United States and it's made with love. You never know someone's situation and I would rather pay a hard working mother or father than something from another country.
9. What are your favorite Etsy shops you buy from? 
I buy from different individuals not just one.

10. How does your business allow you to be a great mother?
My business allows me to help pay for my son's extra medical needs. I work part time as a visit supervisor I watch children in state custody with their bio parents during visits to make sure they are safe while visiting them.

11. What do you think would surprise readers to know about you?
I think it would suprise individuals that I don't have a little girl lol.
Prices range from $1 to 4.50.

Shipping is $2, I ship anywhere and have shipped to Puerto Rico.  
Sherylpennanen@hotmail. Com 207-749-8372











No comments:

Post a Comment