She was nominated a few months ago for just being that awesome mom who does it all and has a smile on her face through every up and down. She has 5 beautiful children (one newborn born in December, so adorable, see pictures below!). She's adopted and birthed babies, is totally dedicated and fun-loving.
Congrats, Kerisa, and thank you for sharing your story!
Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ! We sure chose this perfectly to have you as Mom of the Month on your BIRTHDAY! :)
Photos from Kerisa Whitten, unless noted
1. Describe your children in 3-5 words.
My kids are sweet, polite, beautiful, and loving.
2. When were your children born and where?
Taylor-May 1, 2004 Myah-April 3, 2006 Kiptyn-May 2, 2010 Dawson-February 1, 2012 Chandler - December 27, 2013
3. How would you describe your pregnancies?
We adopted our first two children (so a breeze;) ), as far as my three pregnancies first trimester sicker each one but after that absolutely love being pregnant! Feel great!
These two photos from Autumnphoto.net
4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words.
Busy, loving, and very organized
5. What type of mom do you hope your children think you were someday when they are old enough to tell you?
A welcoming mom, always want to comfort, console and listen to my kids when they need me. I want them to know I want the best for them and am always there.
Photo from Autumnphoto.net.
6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?
My husband and I both being self employed, my husband opening his own business and yet still we are on the same page and work so well together to keep our kids happy and healthy. We have a routine that if one of us is not here we know just what to do.
Very proud we have such a strong family. Without that there's no way we could have such a large family !
7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom?
The most difficult parts of being a mom is knowing when to relax. Sometimes if you go go go then I find myself wanting to get angry at the kids over the smallest things.
8. What is your favorite baby product(s) that makes your mom job easier?
9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother?
It's not easy!! But is the most rewarding thing you could ever experience. Being a mom has been a blessing!
10. What is a typical day like for you?
Get my girls up and out the door for the bus at 7:45, eat and get myself ready quickly, get my boys up, feed and dress them, get them to my mom's for daycare by 9:30 work from 10-12:30 ish go to my mom's feed the boys lunch and put them for their nap at her house (I choose to do this daily), get back to work by 2-2:30 get home between 7-8 at night two nights a week, girls are usually in bed, bath my boys get them to bed, get bags, lunches, laundry all done then I shower and have some downtime before bed. This is my schedule Mon, Tues and Fri, I work part time as a hairdresser. Wednesdays and Thursdays are the same, only I stay at home to do this.
11. What are your favorite snacks to give kids; dinner to make for the family; day of the week; story time book to read to kids; relaxation thing to do by yourself?
Favorite snacks probably popcorn, fast easy and they love it. Dinner speggitti everyone eats it
12. What have you learned about being a mom?
I've learned even on the worst days once everyone is tucked in to bed sleeping, I will go in and check on them and have so much happiness and love looking at them. Doesn't matter how bad of a day we have had!
13. What was the biggest difference between 1to 2 kids, and 2 to 3 kids?
We went right into having two kids where we adopted them. My mom had them in foster care when my husband and I fell in love with them and couldn't let them go, so before marriage we adopted in Sept. and were married in Oct. Since then it really seems like a blur, probably the first few weeks of having a newborn home is hard but after that you just start a system and it doesn't feel like anything changes...it just becomes one more baby !
Each child is just truly a miracle... They complete me!