Great ideas, thanks!
All photos from Nancy Buch
1. Which room is this? What purpose does this room serve for your family? What do people do in here?
This is my son Aiden's bedroom. Besides sleeping, we enjoy playing trains, Legos and reading in there.
2. What was the "before" in this room like? Why did you want to change it up?
When Aiden turned 4 my husband turned his bedroom into a big kid room. The room needed more storage for his toys that we didn't want his little sister to get into. Before the bookcases were put in the only storage were random bins.
3. What are you excited about / proud of with this room now?
Super proud to say my husband was able to put together the bookcases in such a way to give Aiden a fun window seat. He enjoys looking out the window watching the cars drive by.
4. How will this room and its traits, organization, etc. help you to be a better mom, happier family, etc.?
The Lego table has been the perfect addition to help with storage and keeping them off the floor. The bins in the bookcases are perfect for storing his trains and books.
The easier it is for Aiden to pick up the less I have to do. It has been a great way for him to be a little more independent.
5. What are the best parts about this room and why did you choose to include those?
I am excited that the space we made for Aiden at 4 is also going to work when he is a older.