share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

rooms to grow - Jessie Legere - girl nursery

LOVE how creative and crafty Jessie is! She made an amazing big boy room, and also transformed this nursery from baby boy to baby girl decor. Love this! Such sweet and simple ideas to make a room look really special. 

Thanks, Jessie, for being on the blog again!


1. What purpose does this room serve for your family? What do people do in here?
This is my daughter's nursery!

2. What was the "before" in this room like? Why did you want to change it up?
When we first moved in this was my husband''s den, then my son's nursery. We moved my son into his "big boy room" and I just wanted to make a few changes to make it more girly and give her a room of her own.



To see Jessie's son's big boy room, check out this link 
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2014/01/rooms-to-grow-jessie-legere.html


3. What are you excited about / proud of with this room now? 
I'm excited that it all came together with only having to paint one wall! I had just painted my son's new room and really didn't want to have to paint another entire room so I tried to figure out a way to make it work without painting everywhere.

4. What do you hope your child thinks of this room or could do in this room?
I hope she finds it comfortable and calming! And not too baby-ish so she can grow with it!

5. What are the best parts about this room and why did you choose to include those?
One of my favorite parts is the little nook to read/cuddle in! I just changed out the fabrics from when it was my son's room. I plan to eventually get some small wall shelves for books in there.



6. Share info about the room in general, what is in there specifically, why you put things where you did, why you chose bright colors, etc.
We are pretty limited on how the room could be set up due to the nook taking up one whole wall and the window on another. We had the same set up when my son was in there and it worked well so I decided to keep it simple and keep it the same. 

I've loved the idea of the tree on the wall so decided to go with a simple bird theme on the bedding to tie in a tree decal. I kept most things the same as my son's room but just changed up fabrics and a few extra colorful baskets and wall hangings. 


No comments:

Post a Comment