share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

MOM 2014 Resolutions - part 4

OK my bad. I lost another post and don't want to forget to include it here! So, one last part of the Moms of the Month 2014 Resolutions! I really ADMIRE this mama, and I'm so glad I found her post before it was too late.

And because I didn't want hers all by its lonesome, I answered my questions myself...

ENJOY!

Photo by Hillary Fitzgerald 

HILLARY FITZGERALD
http://themommystories-friends.blogspot.com/2013/10/mom-of-month-hillary-fitzgerald.html
1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2013? 
I already knew to expect the unexpected but I feel like this year just proved more how true that is. And I've learned that even though in the day to day what I do seems so unappreciated, the kids give me glimmers of appreciation so I take that and run, far away!!!! 2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? 
This year I'd love to see more family time. In the past the kids ages have made it hard to all do activities together. But this year, with Ellie now 2, she delights in going out in the snow and doing bigger kid things...sledding here we come! If I can just get Ben to wear a jacket it's a win! I'd like to throw our crazy schedule out the window. With 4 that is hard, but I'd like to see less of the chaos in activities and miscellaneous crap. It is stuff the kids want to do but I feel like they're beginning to miss out on other kid stuff because we're constantly on the go. 3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2014? 
Family adventures, Laid-back and appreciative for what we have (kids really need to work on this one) 4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2014?
Resolutions I'd like to make: more family dinners, more time for me to get healthier Things to keep doing: creating experiences that my kids will remember for a lifetime, for my kids to always know I'm there for them Things to change: I can't sweat the small stuff (this will be hard), the house can be dirty if it means more time with the kids, more patience (gonna be hard with a new puppy in the house, yes I'm crazy!) 5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
Me time? There's such a thing? So important to have, even if it's to the grocery store by yourself. It keeps me sane and I always go home with a bit more patience and appreciation for the chaos that my house is! And try to do something for yourself at least once a month; something that you can look forward to!





ANGELA AVERY
not mom of the month... just blogger mama.
1. What did you learn about motherhood in 2013? 
I learned that 3s are better than Terrible Twos, and that it's amazing watching kids grow up into little people. I learned how to let my son go a little bit, as he started preschool, and that while that's difficult it's also possible to survive doing it. 

I learned there are real differences in having a boy versus having a girl. I have to be very sensitive to feelings and tolerant of moodiness... and she's not even 2 yet! I learned that nurturing my marriage equals the best teamwork situation ever when it comes to parenting two kids. Date nights are a must. 

I learned that I'm so lucky to have healthy children. I learned how to say no and make my family a priority above all else. I learned that I need to work on keeping my patience in check, and that there are new challenges to figure out having babies who move and run and have minds of their own. I learned I'm a strong mom.


2. What do you want to see more and less of in your life this new year? 
More time with friends. More adventures. I want to DO fun things this year, outside, new towns, walk beaches, go exploring. Less money stress.


3. Which 3 words do you want to describe your 2014? 
fun, easygoing, awesome

4. What resolutions will you make this year, what will you keep doing and what will you change about the type of mom you are now... going into 2014?

I will keep putting my kids' needs first and saying no and doing what works for us, even if it seems weird to others looking in from the outside. I will keep playing, on the floor, reading stories and having dance parties in the car ride to school. I will have more patience.


5. Advice for moms trying to put more ME time into their mommy days this new year, or on keeping their resolutions? What works for you?
I take me time every single day. It's a must for me. I could not parent well without my own time alone doing what makes me happy. I enjoy my job, so most of my day is me time, despite being at work. I enjoy and feel relaxed writing my blog, replying to messages online, texting friends at night. I actually like working out and feel stronger every time I walk or run on the treadmill. I do wish I had more time with girl friends though. My best friends are all over the country... which absolutely sucks.... but I still have great friends who live within a half hour of me that I hope to make more time for this year. It seems time just gets ahead of me before I can think to plan a night out with a girl friend. This year, I hope to change that and maybe even every other month do a girl fun thing?!


No comments:

Post a Comment