share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Mom of the Month - Jillian Cavanaugh!

Our March Mom of the Month is Jillian Cavanaugh! 



I have only gotten to know her on the Mommy Stories Facebook group, but in every post she writes and every picture she shares of her adorable son Max on her awesome blog, Mumma to the Max (cutest name ever for a blog by the way!) I realize that Jillian is a kind, giving, hilarious, passionate about life type of mama. Max is one lucky boy! I had a couple people nominate her for Mom of the Month when I first asked for ideas back in December. I am so excited to share her responses! 

To nominate a Mom of the Month please email me at themommystories@gmail.com. I have an April mom already but nobody after that so PLEASE email me!

*********************************************************************************
(*all photos are from Jillian Cavanaugh*)

1. Describe your child in 3-5 words.
Perfection, smart, mischievous, BOY (all the way), loving. 



 2. When was your child born and where?
Born 7/15/11 at Providence Birthing center in Everett, WA

3. How would you describe your pregnancy?
My pregnancy was textbook. No issues. Very emotional- I think I cried every day of my last trimester. (And probably my first too! Lol) 

4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words.
Loving, affectionate, nurturing, proud. 

5. What type of mom do you hope your child thinks you were someday when he's old enough to tell you?
I hope Max tells me one day that I was the best mom he could've ever wanted. I hope I'm his best friend. I hope he always finds me supportive and non judgmental. I hope he knows I'm his number one cheerleader in life. 



6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?
Number 1 proudest thing is that I have breastfed my baby for 17 months and counting. Breastfeeding is very important and special to me. I'm proud of myself for trying to make every day special for him in some way even if it's little (play date, playground, something fun). And I'm really proud of his first birthday party I put together- check out my blog post on it .

7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom?
The most difficult parts were waiting 16 months for a full night's sleep. Also the emotional roller coaster of the first few weeks (the happiest and scariest weeks of your life). It's been difficult keeping the "spice" in me and my fiance's relationship when we are both exhausted. And definitely when he was doing two days in daycare. I hate not being able to afford to be home 24/7. 

8. What is your favorite baby product(s) that makes your mom job easier?
Favorite products- squeeze pouch baby food- for on the go, or when Max doesn't want to eat his veggies he will still suck down a squeeze pouch of spinach or peas). nipple pads- I was the leakiest person ever the first 6 months or so of nursing. 



9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother?
My advice to a new mom is a few things but most importantly listen to YOUR GUT. Not your mom's gut, your mother-in-law's gut, or anyone else's. Read your books and do your research and find the things that are important to you and stick with them. It doesn't matter what your neighbor with ten kids does. It's your life and your baby. Next, if you feel strongly about nursing and most people find it difficult to start-STICK WITH IT. I was in tears because a nurse at my delivery told me due to my shallow nipples there was no way Max would nurse. Well....17 months lady!!! Suck on that!!!! 

And don't ever let yourself feel too guilty- it's ok to let them cry a little, it's ok if you want to cry a little, it's OK to need and want a break. 

The mommy guilt seems a common trend with me and my friends. We really need to cut that shit out. 





10. What is a typical day like for you?
A typical day for me currently unemployed is this 
8ish- wake up and breakfast
10/11- something fun- play date or play ground or crafting
12ish- lunch and nap time
230/3-wake up/snack/daddy gets home ))
5/6-dinner 
7-bath, and then pjs and relax time (books, quiet play time)
8/830- bed after snuggles, booby and our songs 
831- wine or some type of mommy treat, Facebook/Pinterest/blog/Xmas crafts, bath or shower (if I have energy) and bed by 11 



I love this photo of Jillian and Max! Such a sweet moment caught on camera! 
Thanks for sharing, Jillian! You are one super cool, dedicated mama!

Check out Jillian's personal blog here at :
Mummatothemax.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment