share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mom of the Month - Becky Johnson !

*Last month I started recognizing one super cool mommy in a post, Mom of the Month, based on YOUR nominations. To nominate a Mom of the Month email me at themommystories@gmail.com or message me on Facebook.*

Becky Johnson was nominated for this month's recognition of a super fun, awesome, hard working momma. Enjoy her silly and insightful responses below! She is the solo dedicated mother of a 5- year-old boy. She is hilarious, makes life fun, and is obsessed with Christmas (has her tree up and decorated by Halloween and Christmas cards sent out with a smiling picture of her son in a Santa hat by Thankgiving!).





Photos I took a couple of years ago by the beach in York - Angela Avery.


1. Describe your child in 3-5 words.
Crazy, Funny & loving
2. When was your child born and where?
Cam was born on December 17, 2007 @ York Hospital, York, Maine.
3. How would you describe your pregnancy?
My pregnancy was interesting. I wasn't exactly trying to get pregnant, so to say it was a surprise is an understatement. I didn't know a lot of people having babies at the same time (or before me) so my entire pregnancy was a guessing game. Is it ok to feel like I could sleep for months at a time? Is it normal to bite someone's head off if they asked me to reach for the remote the second I get the 15 pillows supporting me all in the right positions? And once you have the baby, are all my organs going to fall out in the toilet as soon as I take my first #2? These were all honest questions that I just wanted honest answers to. Where was Mommy Stories 5 years ago, Ang? 
4. Describe yourself as a mom in 3-5 words.
Can it be 3-5 blurbs? 1. Honest. I'm all about the scare tactic. I want my child to know what will really happen if he walks away from me in a store. (thank God the baby conversation has not come up, I may rethink my honesty policy) 2. Emotionally unstable- at least to be a mom. I have never cried more in my life than I have in the last 5 years....about absolutely nothing. Cam will be in Kindergarten next year but if someone asks him about it, he responds " Don't talk about it in front of mumma, she's gonna start crying." 3. Fun. At least I'd like to think so!




5. What type of mom do you hope your child thinks you were someday when he's old enough to tell you?
All of the above, including the emotionally unstable 
6. What things have you done as a mom that you're most proud of?
For the most part, I've done it by myself. I'm pretty proud of that. So far, he's a pretty awesome kid and I'd like to think that's all me rubbing off on him 
7. What have been the most difficult parts to being a mom?
I think for me the most difficult part is mother's guilt. Did I make the right decision for him? Is that one decision I regret making going to stay with him for the rest of his life (cause they don't forget anything!). If I get a sitter for 1 night in 6 months, that's 4 hours I might miss something. I think as a mom, I'm my own worst enemy. This is where the emotionally unstable behavior really shines through!
8. What is your favorite baby product(s) that makes your mom job easier?
Wine. Does that count?



9. What advice about being a mom would you give to a brand new mother? 
I don't remember what it's like to be a brand new mother (we'll chalk that up to mommy mush brain) but the advice I'd give the mother of an almost 5 year old:
Don't sweat the small stuff.
Remember every time they tell you they love you out of the blue ... cause I'm told that will soon stop.
When you start to sound exactly like your own mother: embrace it. There's not a damn thing you can do about it.
"Magic Sauce" (Neosporin) and a band-aid will fix anything!
10. What is a typical day like for you?
Wake up and try to get as ready as quick as possible before I have to come up with my daily bribe to get my child out of bed. Iron his clothes...right down to his underwear so they are warm for him to put on. Go to work. Pick him up from school while dreaming of my soon-to-be glass of wine. Attempt to come up with a half way healthy dinner (all while dreaming of my second glass of wine) In bed by 9. Party animals.




1 comment: