share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

have you heard the Buzz?! - a birthday story

My nephew Atticus turned two a few weeks ago!
TWO! As in two fingers held up, not one. Craaa-zy.
I remember holding him for the first time when he was born.

Proud aunty, after staying up ALL night waiting in the hospital waiting room for this little man to arrive!


My adorable nephew lives in New York now, so we headed there recently for his Buzz Lightyear Toy Story themed birthday party. After bugging my sister for months before the party for what theme they wanted, she finally told me Toy Story ... to which I said, "Um, OK I can do that, however I've never watched the movies yet, will that be a problem?!" ha! 

I'm obsessed with planning birthday parties, thanks to my dear friend, Pinterest.


So even without seeing the movies (which I promise I will, soon, I swear, just haven't yet), I was able to come up with some very cute ideas for his party, again all based on Pinterest ideas. Here they are!

An activity station at the party, "Let your imagination take flight and COLOR away!" with FREE coloring pages from online. Google - type in "free Toy Story coloring pages" and tons come up!


Grab bags for the kiddos at the party - with little trinkets inside, my sister found at Target or Wal-Mart.


Banner from the store, easy!


My sister made the Buzz blanket before the party so then used it for the presents area. 
Little man Atticus, TWO YEARS OLD!


PRESENTS


Sign my brother-in-law printed out for the presents area. 


The desserts! Gluten free cupcakes with little Toy Story cupcake picks in them (Target special!), and an awesome cake my sister's friend made!





And onto the delicious treats... all Pinterest and Toy Story inspired!

Pizza Planet = pizza! (so easy, right?!)


Slinky Dog's Mac n' Cheese bites - these were so delicious!  Used spiral pasta and the hot dogs to act like the character the dog in the movie.



My favorite find of all - Rocket Ships = Capri Sun juice boxes, with Buzz stickers added on to them.
Love this!


Woody and Jesse's Toy Chest = cheese and crackers.


Mr. Potato Heads = chips!


Moon Pies = Oreo cookies!


OK this was another favorite find ... Alien Juice = Green Hawaiian Punch with blueberries!


To InfiniTEA & Beyond = iced tea!


Rex's Dinosaur Garden = veggies and dip!


Part of the food and party was inside, part outside, but this was one of our main tables,
"Buzz's Birthday Buffet."


I made all of these signs really easily on Microsoft Word, using clipart of spaceships and aliens. Very easy. We used the color scheme of bright lime green and bright blue, which were easy to find balloons at the grocery store for. My sister was lucky that this theme is pretty popular and she found most items at Target already.


From the tired happy look on this guy's face I'd say he looooved his Buzz party!


A little cousin LOVE from O to A!



No comments:

Post a Comment