share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

welcome baby girl Madison!

My amazing friend and college roommate, Jess, had a baby girl Madison yesterday! She was 8 lbs 1 oz and 22 inches long! I hear she has tons of dark brown hair and is very cute. Mommy and baby are doing well.

Jess' mother called me shortly after Jess' water broke the night before, then called me in the morning to give me an update that she'd been dilating pretty well and was at 10 cm so would be pushing soon. Then called me again to tell me Jess had been pushing a lot, but baby wasn't making progress so they needed to do a c-section. I felt so lucky to have so many updates straight from the source, mommy of the new mommy. That makes a girl feel pretty special.

When I got the call that baby Madison had finally arrived I instantly teared up, thinking of my good friend having just gone through childbirth and having brought a beautiful baby into the world. It's pretty amazing. It made me flash back to the first time we met in college, more than 11 years ago, and how shy we both were, unsure of each other and if this union of being roommates would work out. Then fast forward a few months later, and we were inseparable, and have kept in touch ever since. And then here I was yesterday getting the call that my friend has a daughter.

Congrats, new mommy, Jess! I am so incredibly proud of the hard work you did carrying a baby to term and for doing the worst of both worlds - labor, pushing and then a c-section. You are for sure a strong woman! Enjoy every second of this new adventure. I can't wait to meet Madison!

No comments:

Post a Comment