share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

3 days old...


My college roommate, Jess, and her high school sweetheart husband, Jeremy, welcomed a baby daughter into the world on Wednesday July 13th. Madison Lucille is so beautiful! I had the privilege of meeting her the day she arrived home from the hospital, three days old. I had tears in my eyes the entire time I held her, just seeing how peaceful and sweet she already is and how teeny tiny her eyes, feet, fingers are. So precious.


I only took a few pictures, as not to disturb the baby or parents who just got her in their arms a few days earlier. I will be back to visit Madison in a few weeks to do a real photo shoot. I can't wait!


One of the sweetest things Jess said when I said to her, "Isn't it amazing? She's yours. You're a mommy." She looked at her sleeping baby in her arms and said, "It's so cool. She has my genes and his genes and she's ours." It was very sweet. I could see how awestruck these two new parents were at the fact that they created this beautiful creature. It is pretty amazing.


I wish them lots of happy times together, laughter, and most of all right now as she's a newborn - some SLEEP!

No comments:

Post a Comment