share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Friday, June 24, 2011

the shape of a mother

This is an interesting Web site.

http://theshapeofamother.com/

I don't really know what to think about it at first glance. Well, my personal opinion is it's AWESOME, amazing, incredible, liberating, totally cool and unique and again liberating for women.

And yet I'm terrified to let two of my best friends who are pregnant and probably struggling with gaining weight and losing your former body to a bigger one with a baby bump taking over.

However, I am choosing now to post this on here with the Web site to The Shape of a Mother, because the reason I started this blog in the first place was to be honest. So here I'm being honest, truthful, sharing with you the reality of what it's like to be a mom.

So yes, it's out there now, no holding back, your body will change, a lot, by having a baby and by giving birth. It's normal and it's OK and in fact I believe it's beautiful. The belly roll I still have now 16 months post pregnancy is my reminder that I carried my baby inside me once and that I'm strong enough to do anything because of that. The scar I have just above my bikini line that will most likely never go away reminds me that I survived the birth of my child via C-section, major surgery, and that my body can do anything.

It is not fun having your body change so much, I understand that. But really, we all go through it, you are not alone, and truly, stop and think about how beautiful it is that your body can do this thing called bringing life into the world.

Check out the site. It's interesting. That's the word for it, interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment