share your stories and join in on the discussion on Facebook!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

BIRTHday

BIRTH day. What an incredible experience.
Here it is, the day you have been waiting for. The day you get to see if you are having a boy or a girl, or if you already know what you are having the day you get to finally meet her.
It's going to be one of the most incredible days of your entire life.

Here we are just moments before rolling in for my scheduled c-section. I was so nervous!

Here is my little man's first photo in the world. He was minutes old! So perfect.

And here is the first time I saw my precious boy. It was a moment I'll never forget. I just cried and said, "He's here, he's so beautiful. He's so beautiful. Look, Jared, our son. He's perfect."

And we were now three... our first family photo.


It's a moment you cannot describe accurately. It's life-changing, amazing, incredible. It's like the moment you walk down the aisle to get married. You're nervous and don't know what to expect and so utterly happy you can't contain it inside. It's like nothing else exists or matters at that moment. It's your heart about to burst inside your chest due to how much you instantly feel for this little life you created and carried for all those months. It's indescribable, it really is. It is the best thing I've ever felt.

The only thing you can do to prepare for such a moment is to open your heart, ears and eyes wide. Be open to whatever is happening. Be totally in the moment and enjoy every second. You won't ever get it back and you will want each piece of that moment to be ingrained in your mind forever.

It's amazing.

(I'll post my birth story later. I don't want to add it in here with this blissful description of birth. I'll put in the nitty gritty of birthing later. Enjoy this one for now, momma!)

No comments:

Post a Comment